Dr Alexey V. Khorunzhiy
Otkritie is the largest Russian financial group by assets. Otkritie Holding, the parent company of the Group.
Companies of the Group offer their products and services to all kinds of clients: individual customers, SMEs, large corporations and institutional investors. 20,000 employees of the Group service about 4 million individual customers and 220,700 legal entities.
Banking is Otkritie’s key business estimated at RUB 3.3 trillion. The Group holds a controlling stake in Otkritie Bank, the largest full-service private bank in Russia that ranks among the world's top 350 banking groups and is a top 10 in Eastern Europe. Otkritie is a full-service commercial bank benefiting from a resilient diversified business structure and efficient equity management. The Bank focuses on corporate and investment banking, retail business, SMEs and private banking.
The Group’s investment banking business develops on the basis of investment units of Otkritie Bank and Otkritie Capital. Otkritie has been a TOP 3 largest investment company by trading volume on the Moscow Exchange for many years and is one of the largest Russian traders on the London Stock Exchange. The Group’s companies Otkritie Broker and Otkritie Asset Management are leaders of brokerage services and asset management markets.
- 2014 - Present: CIO, Otkritie Broker
- 2012 - 2014: Member of The Moscow Exchange Council
- 2005 - Present: Chairman of the IT Commitee of the Moscow Exchange
- 2007 - 2014: Deputy director, “ALOR +” LLC
- 2003 - 2014: CIO, ALOR group of companies
- 1998 - 2007: CEO, “ALOR Invest” CJSC
- 1997 - 1998: Producer at a TV-company VKT in Moscow
Academic Career and Education
- 1992 - Present: Member of the Organizing Committee and one of the session moderators of the Annual Konstantin Tsiolkovsky’s Scientific Readings organised by the Russian Academy of Sciences
- 1991- Present: Associate professor, Department of Russian history (PFUR). Main fields of research: Methodology of historical sciences; Computer science in historical research; History of utopian thought.
- 1992: PhD in History
- 1988: Master degree in History (Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, PFUR) and 2 qualifications of professional interpreter (English, French)
- Reputation of the year - 2013 (so called “Russian financial Oscar”)
- “TOP-50 CIO” rating by Publishing House “Коммерсантъ”
- “TOP-100 most professional CIO in Russia” by Russian Managers Association