Dirk Altgassen is an accomplished Executive Advisor, Interim Manager, CIO and global IT executive with demonstrated achievements in directing global information technology alignment with the business strategy of global operating companies. Proven leader with a strong “get it done” attitude who “walks the talk” while demonstrating a clear direction for the team and organization.
Experienced strategic planner known especially in the areas of “digital strategy”, disruptive Business models and multi-channel-strategies as well as ERP implementations especially SAP.
Creative problem solver, big-picture thinker, team leader and communicator with a proven ability to develop cutting-edge strategies that transform, redefine and support a streamlined business process atmosphere.
Etex is an international building materials specialist. Headquartered in Belgium since 1905, the familyowned group operates 120 production sites in 42 countries and generates an annual turnover of around 3 billion euro.
With the help of more than 17,000 employees, we develop and produce a variety of technically and aesthetically superior building materials. These range from cladding and building boards in fibre cement and plaster to roofing materials, high-performance insulation and fire protection systems, and ceramic floor and wall tiles.
Our promise is best described in our tagline: inspiring ways of living. By constantly innovating our offering, we not only wish to provide people with one of life’s basic requirements – shelter. We also want to offer them the opportunity to live and work in a safe, sustainable and inspiring environment.
- 2015 - present: ETEX GROUP, Group CIO
- 2012 – 2015: GROHE AG, CIO/Senior Vice President IT
- 2008 – 2012: HSBC Trinkaus & Burkhardt AG, Head of Software and Project Delivery/Deputy CIO, Director
- 2005 – 2008: IKB Deutsche Industriebank AG, Head of Finance, Risk Management and SAP Projects/Vice President
- 2000 – 2004: BearingPoint formerly KPMG Consulting, Manager/Engagement Manager
- 2009 – 2011 University of Wales, Cardiff - MBA General Management
- 1994 – 1997 Gerhard Mercator University, Duisburg – Economics studies
- 1993 – 1994 Business School, Düsseldorf
- 1980 – 1988 Gymnasium an der Rueckertstrasse, Düsseldorf