Dr Olaf Frank
Head of Global Applications
Olaf is an experienced leader in the field of corporate IT. His focus has been with the insurance and reinsurance industry. Currently he is responsible for the Global IT Applications organization of Munich Re. Olaf has a strong background in transforming IT organizations and processes in an international context. He has helped in transforming Munich Re’s IT organization into a multisourcing setup and is an expert in transitioning IT organizations to agile methodologies in combination with outsourcing/offshoring of IT delivery. At Munich Re, Olaf is responsible for all application activities. He is primarily concerned with the systems that drive Munich Re’s business. These include, for example, all systems that are aimed at risk assessment, global networking and future collaboration opportunities. „Digital transformation is therefore a top priority for us, and we must and want to do it justice“, he mentioned.
is one of the world’s leading risk carriers and stands for exceptional solution-based expertise, consistent risk management, financial stability and client proximity. The Group operates in all lines of insurance, with around 45,000 employees throughout the world and combines primary insurance and reinsurance under one roof.
Besides our capital base, the foundation of our success is knowledge and competence – qualities that benefit clients and staff alike. As a world-class reinsurer, we invest a great deal in maintaining our knowledge lead and foster the innovative strength and expertise of our more than 11,000 employees in reinsurance. We motivate by offering a wide variety of responsible tasks with clear objectives, and cultivate a team spirit. Our corporate culture is defined by performance, mutual respect and trust. All this makes us an attractive employer providing global career development opportunities and prospects.
- January 2012 – present: Head of Global Applications at Munich Re
- April 2016 – March 2017: CIO (interim) of Munich Re
- 2009 – present: Head of department at Munich Re
- 2002 – 2011: Various positions at Munich Re
- 1999 – 2002: Project Manager at COR&FJA AG
- 1994 – 1999: The University of Freiburg, Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- 1994: Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Physics
- 1991 – 1992: University of Calgary, Visiting Student, Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
- Gipfelgespräch: Was SAP und Munich RE sich zu sagen haben (Computerwoche, 09/04/17)