Dr Olaf Frank
Head of Global Applications
Munich Re is one of the world’s leading risk carriers and stands for exceptional solution-based expertise, consistent risk management, financial stability and client proximity. The Group operates in all lines of insurance, with around 45,000 employees throughout the world and combines primary insurance and reinsurance under one roof.
Besides our capital base, the foundation of our success is knowledge and competence – qualities that benefit clients and staff alike. As a world-class reinsurer, we invest a great deal in maintaining our knowledge lead and foster the innovative strength and expertise of our more than 11,000 employees in reinsurance. We motivate by offering a wide variety of responsible tasks with clear objectives, and cultivate a team spirit. Our corporate culture is defined by performance, mutual respect and trust. All this makes us an attractive employer providing global career development opportunities and prospects.
- January 2012 – present: Head of Global Applications at Munich Re
- April 2016 – March 2017: CIO (interim) of Munich Re
- 2009 – present: Head of department at Munich Re
- 2002 – 2011: Various positions at Munich Re
- 1999 – 2002: Project Manager at COR&FJA AG
- 1994 – 1999: The University of Freiburg, Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- 1994: Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Physics
- 1991 – 1992: University of Calgary, Visiting Student, Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
- Gipfelgespräch: Was SAP und Munich RE sich zu sagen haben (Computerwoche, 09/04/17)