Dr Sven Lorenz
Revenue23,5 bn €
Dr Sven Lorenz has been responsible for IT as Vice President of Information Technology and CIO at Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG since 2002. Lorenz studied Information Technology and Business Administration at the University of Karlsruhe and the University of Oregon in the USA. After winning a scholarship from the IBM Scientific Centre he achieved his doctorate in the field of artificial intelligence, on the scientific processing of natural language, and undertook research at the Institute for Natural Language Processing at the University of Stuttgart. Following periods working for IBM in software development and A.T. Kearney in management consulting, at the end of the 1990s Lorenz became Managing Director of an e-business start-up within the Deutsche Post Group, before moving to Porsche AG in 2002. At the awards for “CIO of the Year” 2006, he won second place in the “large company” category. Since 2013 he has been teaching Strategic IT Management at the University of Stuttgart.
Shaping the future of the sportscar – this is the theme of Porsche’s Strategy 2025. At the heart of the strategy is our future product portfolio. The sportscar of the future will blend the history and values of the Porsche brand with innovative technologies, while at the same time ensuring sustainability. In achieving this, topics such as electromobility, digitalisation and connectivity will play an important role. Embracing these topics will allow us to shape the exclusive and sporty mobility of tomorrow. Nevertheless, with all the innovations and modifications in front of us, one thing remains constant: Anything that carries the Porsche crest will also feature the excellent quality that is synonymous with Porsche.
The company's main objective is to achieve value-generating growth. Only by achieving such growth can we make sustainable investments in innovative technologies, new products, and most importantly, in our team here at Porsche.
With this approach we are already on our way towards rethinking sporty mobility. We want to excite customers with our products and services. We are also aiming to consolidate our reputation as an excellent employer and business partner that fulfils its social and environmental responsibilities. And the return needs to be sufficient too.
We have everything we need to achieve our objectives: vehicles that will take your breath away and a team that is passionate about its work.
- October 2013-present: Lecturer for Strategic IT-Management, Universität Stuttgart
- January 2002-present: CIO of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
- April 1997-December 2001: Managing Director of Deutsche PostCom GmbH
- January 1996-March 1997: Manager at A.T. Kearney
- April 1993-December 1995: Technical Project Lead at IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
- April 1990-March 1993: Research Assistant at Universität Stuttgart
- October 1987-June 1989: Working student at IBM Wissenschaftliches Zentrum Heidelberg
- April 1990-July 1993: Computational Linguistics at Universität Stuttgart, Dr phil.
- September 1986-June 1987: Computer Science at University of Oregon
- October 1983-June 1989: Information Science at Universität Karlsruhe, Dipl.-Inform.
- CIO des Jahres 2006 (2. Platz Großunternehmen)