José Augusto Pereira Brito
Mackenzie Presbyterian Institute is associated with the Brazilian educational history, a philanthropic institution that seeks to serve the common good of Brazil and the Brazilian people. In its 145th year, Mackenzie provides a differentiated educational experience for all educational levels, from pre-school to post-graduate courses: 39,000 Higher Education students and 7,500 K12 students across five Campuses, and other 145 K12 Schools in Brazil with the Mackenzie Educational System.
Career summary of José Augusto Pereira Brito
- Professional experience – as engineer, PHD, teacher and researcher – includes innovative projects in IT: Digital technologies, IT infrastructure, AV and TV infrastructure, computer systems, information security, business management projects, process automation, telecommunications, unified communications, educational technologies and computational mathematics.
- Experience in engineering projects – civil, mechanical, nuclear power plants and computational sciences.
- 2001 - present: CIO of the Mackenzie Presbyterian Institute in São Paulo with the vision and mission of transforming Mackenzie in a Brazilian institution of reference in IT adoption.
- 1998 - 2000: Internet Manager at Mackenzie
- Taught courses at FGV-Rio in IT Business Innovation, and at ECA-USP in Marketing Sciences (Political, Public and Enterprise).
- 2014-2016. Global MBA, Manchester Business Schoool-UK.
- 2015. Executive Leadership Course. MIT, São Paulo.
- 2015. Managerial Course. Mackenzie, São Paulo.
- 2011. Enterprise Sustainability - Postgraduate Course. FGV, São Paulo.
- 2007. Management of Distance Learning - Postgraduate Course. FGV, São Paulo.
- 2001-2005. Doctoral Course in Communication and Marketing. USP, São Paulo.
- 2001. E-Business - Postgraduate Course. FGV, São Paulo.
- 1997-1998. Managerial Course. Trend Educational Technology, Rio de Janeiro.
- 1993-1997Doctoral Course in Computing Engineering. COPPE-UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro.
- 1984-1987. Master Course in Civil Engineering. PUC, Rio de Janeiro.
- 1979-1983. Bachelor´s degree in Civil Engineering. UFMT, Cuiabá.
- Since 2012, Mackenzie adopted Office 365 to 28,000 University and K12 Users. Microsoft News Center Brasil. Apr, 2015
- Mackenzie ensures integrity and security of data with ARCserve Backup solution. Customer Case Study. 2014.
- Brito, J. A. P. Data Center Container - Case Study Mackenzie. Cloud and Network Convergence. Semestral Meetings of ANSP, 4 Edition, Oct 29-31, 2013. São Paulo.
- Brito, J. A. P. Innovative Modular Data Center Containers. DataCenter Dynamics. Converged. Oct. 2013. São Paulo.
- Blue Coat Networks. Mackenzie University - Customer Case Study. 2013.
- AirWatch. Mackenzie manage contidential documents with AirWatch Secure Content Locker. Customer Case Study. 2012.
- Brito, J. A. P. Cybercitizen: The Virtualization of the Contemporary Public Communication. Organicom Magazine. V. 3, N. 4, USP, 2006.
- IT Professional – Winner, Award of 2015 – Category Education Brazil, Informática Hoje Magazine, Plano Editorial.
- IT Professional – Winner, Award of 2011 – Category Services Brazil, Informática Hoje Magazine, Plano Editorial.
- ComputerWorld IT Leaders 2011 – IDG Now Digital.
- The 100 most innovative companies in the use of IT in 2011 – Information Week Brasil.
- ComputerWorld IT Leaders 2010 – Category Education, IDG Now Digital.
- IT Executive of the year 2010 – Category IT and Telecommunications, Information Week.
- e-Learning Brazil 2009 – Outstanding Contributions, MicroPower.
- IT Leader 2008. Main Award of the Brazilian Educational Institutions. IDG ComputerWorld.
- e-Learning Brazil 2008 – Winner, Academic Project in Brazil, MicroPower.
- IT Professional 2007 – Winner, Award in Educational Institutions in Brazil. Informática Hoje Magazine, Plano Editorial.
- e-Learning Brasil 2006 – Winner, Educational Gold, MicroPower.
- Japanese Youth Goodwill Mission. Award in Japan, granted by the Ministry of Education of Brazil (MEC) and the Prime Minister of Japan. 1983.