José Valiño Blanco
Director General, IT
Jose Valiño is a ABANCA CIO since year 2014 and Deputy General Director (DGA). For 10 years was CIO of Caixa Galicia who joined the galician Banks merger 2010-2011 under NCG name. Previous experience mainly in Consulting Services: Partner Europa Management (now integrated in ATOS), Andersen Consulting (now Accenture) for more than 17 years, working mainly for Banking clients in Spain, Latam and US Advanced Information Practices, (Chicago). During the 90’s was Chairman of Meta Group Spain and Portugal (now Gartner Group). He is also President of “Architecture Innovation Committe” from COAS, a cooperation arm of the Spanish Banking Association and member of de board of several venture technological firms as “Hal Cash” and others . His background is Ms Industrial Engineering from the Madrid Politechnical Universitiy and Tuck School (Darmouth) of School of Business and Babson College.
ABANCA Corporación Bancaria, S.A. is a Spanish bank. It was created in 2011 following the “bankisation” of Novacaixagalicia savings bank. ABANCA is one of the main financial institutions of the Spanish market by volume of assets. The bank is based in Galicia and is committed to a new way of doing banking based on what they call „Sentir Común“, with very clear values: responsibility, reliability, quality and innovation. ABANCA has a network of around 700 offices in Spain and 9 other countries. In Galicia, ABANCA is present in 87 % of the municipalities. Outside Galicia, ABANCA has a commercial network of 114 offices, with a special presence in León, Asturias and Madrid. In December 2014 the company announced the merger of NCG Banco, S.A. with Banco Echeverria, S.A. The company changed its legal name to ABANCA Corporación Banacaria, S.A. with headquarters in Betanzos, the former headquarters of Banco Echeverria.
- May 2014 – present: Director General, IT; Information, Procesos y Operaciones at ABANCA
- December 2010 – November 2011: CIO (DG Adjunto Sistemas) at Nova CaixaGalicia
- February 2000 – November 2010: DGA Sistemas (CIO) at Caixa Galicia
- January 2000 – December 2005: Presidente at Softgal
- October 1989 – December 2000: Partner at Europa mangement
- April 1995 – December 1999: Chairman of META Group Iberia
- 1982 – 1989: Senior Manager at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture)
- 1982 – 1987: Manager at Arthur Andersen
- 2000 – 2001: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, Exec Education, Business &Operations
- Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, MsIngenieria Industrial, Master of Science (MS), Industrial Engineering, Nuclear