José Valiño Blanco
Director General, IT; Information, Procesos y Operaciones
ABANCA Corporación Bancaria, S.A. is a Spanish bank. It was created in 2011 following the "bankisation" of Novacaixagalicia savings bank.
ABANCA is one of the main financial institutions of the Spanish market by volume of assets.
The bank is based in Galicia and is committed to a new way of doing banking based on what they call „Sentir Común“, with very clear values: responsibility, reliability, quality and innovation.
ABANCA has a network of around 700 offices in Spain and 9 other countries.
In Galicia, ABANCA is present in 87% of the municipalities. Outside Galicia, ABANCA has a commercial network of 114 offices, with a special presence in León, Asturias and Madrid.
In December 2014 the company announced the merger of NCG Banco, S.A. with Banco Echeverria, S.A. The company changed its legal name to ABANCA Corporación Banacaria, S.A. with headquarters in Betanzos, the former headquarters of Banco Echeverria.
- May 2014 – present: Director General, IT; Information, Procesos y Operaciones at ABANCA
- December 2010 – November 2011: CIO (DG Adjunto Sistemas) at Nova CaixaGalicia
- February 2000 – November 2010: DGA Sistemas (CIO) at Caixa Galicia
- January 2000 – December 2005: Presidente at Softgal
- October 1989 – December 2000: Partner at Europa mangement
- April 1995 – December 1999: Chairman of META Group Iberia
- 1982 – 1989: Senior Manager at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture)
- 1982 – 1987: Manager at Arthur Andersen
- 2000 – 2001: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, Exec Education, Business &Operations
- Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, MsIngenieria Industrial, Master of Science (MS), Industrial Engineering, Nuclear