CIO & VP
FedEx connects people and possibilities through a worldwide portfolio of shipping, transportation, e-commerce and business services. We offer integrated business applications through our collaboratively managed operating companies — collectively delivering extraordinary service to our customers — using the expertise and reliability represented by the FedEx brand.
Our people are the foundation of our success, and FedEx has consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers. We inspire our global workforce of more than 300,000 employees to remain absolutely, positively focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards, and the needs of their customers and communities.
"Nearly 40 years ago our founder, Fred Smith, stated that “The information about the package is just important as the package itself.” That has never been more true. The CIOmove event allows me to speak in depth and build ongoing relationships with a small group of CIO's to discuss the challenges and opportunities confronting all of us. That´s why I will join again in 2016."
FedEx provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce, and business services.
Michael Foster is in charge of the IT for the EMEA region, which covers 123 countries across Europe, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Africa. Foster, who has worked at FedEx for more than 15 years, had a supply chain background before moving into a full IT role. Because of his supply chain experience he realised early on the benefits of matching technology with business needs.
- 2010 – Present: CIO and VP at FedEx Express EMEA, FedEx Express in Brussels
- 2008 – 2010 Managing Director EMEA of FedEx, Brussels
- 2003 – 2008: IT Strategic Planning Manager of FedEx, Brussels
- 2000 – 2002: General Manager Middle East and Singapore of FedEx Supply Chain Services
- 1996 – 2000: Regional Manager of FedEx
- 1992 – 1996: Regional Manager of Rezayat Trading Company Ltd.
- 1990 – 1992: Financial Analyst of GMT Capital
- 1989: Market Analyst of Rohm and Haas
- 1985 – 1989: BA, International Business from Richmond - The American University in London
- 2013 CIO 100 winner