The Volkswagen Group with its headquarters in Wolfsburg is one of the world’s leading automobile manufacturers and the largest carmaker in Europe.
Ralf Brunken began his career in 1986 as a systems analyst at Volkswagen. In 1995, he moved to Audi as design project manager. From 1997 to 2007 Brunken, who holds a doctorate in mechanical engineering, managed various sections in the Volkswagen development department, latterly as head of the office of technical development and head of technical information. He was subsequently appointed Director IT, Processes and Organization at Volkswagen in India.
Brunken moved to Continental AG as CIO in 2009. Since 2011, he is responsible for all IT application development activities at Volkswagen.
Career Summary of Ralf Brunken
- 2012 – Present: CIO System development of Volkswagen AG
- 2009 – 2011: CIO at Continental Automotive GmbH
- 1997 – 2008: Head of technical development and Head of technical information of Volkswagen, then Director IT, Processes and Organization at Volkswagen in India
- 1995 – 1996: Design project manager of Audi AG
- 1986 – 1994: Systems analyst at Volkswagen
Doctor degree in mechanical engineering