The Maersk Group is an integrated transport & logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries. Maersk Line is the company’s largest brand, comprising 40% of the Group’s 40.3Bn revenue.
In 2015, A.P. Moller - Maersk Group is no. 208 in the Fortune Global 500 listing of the world's best companies.
Ralf Weissbeck is an internationally experienced senior executive with CIO, Business Process, Commercial, Financial and IT Service provider experience in Logistics and Automotive. Proven track record in developing and executing strategies for complex IT transformation and integration programs. Built and managed large-scale IT organizations. Designed and implemented digital platforms in public cloud environments. 16 years of leadership experience with large international IT organizations in industry leading logistics and automotive companies.
Specialties: CIO, Logistics Process Optimisation, digital transformations, large IT integration; large IT transformation, Business - IT alignment, IT management, complexity reduction, systems rationalisation, data center operations, mobility services, cloud services, efficiency programs, program and project delivery, lean management, outsourcing, strategy development, organisational development, commercial management, financial management.
- November 2013 – present: CIO of Maersk Group IT Infrastructure Services/Vice President Maersk Group Infrastructure Service Provider (MGIS)
- February 2013 – February 2014: Senior Director IT Development at Damco
- February 2012 – June 2012: EVP Special IT Projects at Deutsche Post DHL
- November 2009 – February 2012: Managing Director Deutsche Post IT Services, Deutsche Post DHL
- January 2006 – November 2009: CIO DHL Global Forwarding / Freight, DHL
- 1989 – 1993: Fachhochschule Würzburg-Schweinfurt, Industrial Engineer (UAS)
- CIO des Jahres 2015 Top 10