Dr Roland Schütz
EVP Information Management & Lufthansa Group CIO
Dr. Roland Schuetz has been Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer (CIO) of the Lufthansa Group since February 2017. In this role, he is in charge of information technology of the entire enterprise and driving the digital transformation of the Lufthansa Group. The aim is to provide customers with state-of-the-art digital interfaces, mobile applications and convenient booking and handling processes across all airline brands and other business segments within the Group.
Schuetz (49) has more than 20 years of IT experience and has been working for the Lufthansa Group since 2005. He has a PhD in Physics and was initially Chief Operating Officer Infrastructure Services at Lufthansa Systems, an IT subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group. In 2010, he took over the responsibility for the IT area of the freight subsidiary Lufthansa Cargo, before he was appointed CIO of the largest business segment Lufthansa Passenger Airlines in 2014 and became CIO of all Lufthansa Group airlines in 2016. Prior to that, he has worked in the finance industry for over ten years and held various leadership positions in IT services organizations.
The Lufthansa Group is the world’s leading aviation group. Its portfolio of companies consists of network airlines, point-to-point airlines and aviation service companies. Its combination of business segments makes the Lufthansa Group a globally unique aviation group.
Passenger transport is the largest business segment in the Lufthansa Group. The Passenger Airline Group includes the airlines Lufthansa Passenger Airlines, SWISS, Austrian Airlines and Eurowings. Equity interests in Brussels Airlines and SunExpress are strategic additions to the portfolio. Brussels Airlines was fully acquired at the beginning of the 2017 financial year.
- February 2017 – Present: EVP Information Management & Lufthansa Group CIO
- January 2016 – January 2017: EVP and CIO Lufthansa Group Airlines and Digital Initiatives at Lufthansa Group
- June 2014 – December 2015: CIO of Lufthansa, SVP Information Management & CIO Lufthansa Passage
- November 2005 – October 2010: COO of Lufthansa,
- March 1996 – October 2005: Head of System Technology at Fiducia IT AG
- 1993 – 1996: University of Karlsruhe (TH): Dr. rer. nat., Physics
- 1987 – 1993: University of Karlsruhe (TH): Dipl. Phys.
- 1978– 1987: Kepler Gymnasium, Freiburg, Abitur
- Lufthansa CIO Dr Roland Schütz describes the airline's digital transformation
- Q&A: Lufthansa CIO Roland Schütz on Digital Transformation in the Skies
- Wechsel von Lufthansa Cargo: Schütz neuer CIO bei Lufthansa Passage
- Dr. Roland Schütz ab sofort Chief Information Officer (CIO) aller Fluglinien in der Lufthansa Group
- Dr. Roland Schütz named Chief Information Officer (CIO) of all Lufthansa Group airlines - effective immediately