“There is not a single ton of steel produced without IT. So of course digitization is important for a traditional company like us. Looking forward to meet CIOs with the same opinion again on the train.”
Erdemir Group is a global player in the steel industry that renders its products & services to both domestic and international markets and to many industries like automotive, energy, construction, pipe, ship-building, home appliances & electronics, agricultural machinery, heat, heavy industry, food and packaging. It has a proven expertise in the fields of flat and long steel production, steel service center, mining and engineering & project management. It is the major steel supplier of the automotive industry in Turkey.
Tunç Noyan graduated from Naval Academy in 1989. After working as a Naval Officer for three years, he transferred to IT sector and started working as trainer and consultant for corporate clients. He joint Microsoft as a consultant in 1997 and developed his project and business management skills besides the technical ones. He gained a deep experience in consulting and services at Microsoft and was promoted as Services Director in 2005.
In 2007, he transferred to TOFAS (FIAT Turkey) and successfully carried the CIO role while he was also leading many cultural change projects throughout the company. Tunç Noyan joined IBM Global Business Services in 2011 and worked as Public Sector Leader in Ankara.
Tunç Noyan established as a cofounder the firm ValuesBox and delivered growth coaching for new ventures and SMEs. ValuesBox has become one of the leading companies in the market and is still alive.
Tunç Noyan has been continuing his career as Group CIO at Erdemir Group, one of the major steel manufacturer, and he is leading the IT transformation and change projects.
Career summary of Tunç Noyan
- 2013 – Present: Group CIO of Erdemir in Istanbul
- 2013 – 2014: Senior Change Management Consultant of ValuesBox in Ankara
- 2011 – 2013: Public Sector Leader of IBM Global Business Services in Bursa
- 2007 – 2011: CIO of TOFAS (FIAT) in Bursa
- 2005 – 2007: Services Director of Microsoft in Istanbul
- 2003 – 2005: Infrastructure Service Line Engagement Manager of Microsoft in Istanbul
- 2001 – 2003: Principal Consultant of Microsoft in Istanbul
- 1999 – 2001: Senior Consultant of Microsoft in Istanbul
- 1997 – 1999: Consultant of Microsoft
- 1997: IT Manager of Birkart
- 1994 – 1997: Services Manager of Komdata
- 1993 – 1994: Network Administrator of Beymen
- 1992 – 1993: Support Specialist of Logo Business Solutions
1985 – 1989: Electronic Engineering at Naval Academy