DPDHL Group CISO
|Deutsche Post DHL Group is the world’s leading logistics and mail communications company. The Group is focused on being the first choice for customers, employees and investors in its core business areas worldwide. It makes a positive contribution to the world by connecting people and enabling global trade while being committed to responsible business practices and corporate citizenship.
Deutsche Post DHL Group operates under two brands: Deutsche Post is Europe’s leading postal service provider. DHL is uniquely positioned in the world’s growth markets, with a comprehensive range of international express, freight transportation, e-commerce, and supply chain management services.
Deutsche Post DHL Group employs more than 575,000 employees in over 220 countries and territories worldwide. The Group generated revenues of more than 80 billion Euros in 2014.
Short vita of David Thornevill
- April 2020 – Present: DPDHL Group CISO of DPDHL Group, Bonn, Germany
- September 2008 – December 2021: Global CIO, Group Functions of DPDHL Group, Bonn, Germany
- March 2007 – August 2008: SVP, Head of Transformation Programs of DHL, Bonn, Germany
- January 2004 – February 2007: VP, Head of Professional Services of DHL, Prague, Czech Republic
- May 2002 – December 2003: Director, Program Management of DHL, Scottsdale, AZ
- February 2001 – April 2002: CEO of DirXon, Inc, Tempe, AZ
- August 1999 – February 2001: Controller and Chief of Staff of ON Semiconductor
- June 1986 – July 1999: Logistics and Cust. Service Mgr of Motorola, Munich
- 1998: Thunderbird School of Global Management, MBA, International Management
- 1983 – 1986: Hochschule München, BSc, Information Systems
David began his career in Munich, working for Motorola’s semiconductor supply chain function. In 1991 he continued his career in Arizona, taking increasing responsibility for deploying logistics managment systems. In 1999, he joined ON semiconductor in Arizona as a Financial Controller. Subsequently he used his experience from OnSemi to launch a startup in the in the area of identity and access management. In 2002, David joined DHL’s IT function in Scottsdale, Arizona introducing CRM globally. In 2004, David helped to establish DHL’s global data center in Prague CZ. In 2008 David was appointed Global CIO for Group Functions, where he introduced many cost saving programs, initiated license management Groupwide, instigated a Cloud First program already in 2009 and led the Group’s Information Security strategy since 2011. In 2019, David was appointed DPDHL Group CISO, and since Jan 2022 is dedicated to that position. Key strategies include full situational transparency, employee awareness, executive simulations, and third party information risk management.