Siemens is transforming itself from an industrial leader to a global digital leader in the industrial sector with technologies that transform everyday life: for more agile and productive factories, smarter and more efficient buildings and networks, more reliable and sustainable transportation. We empower our customers to transform industries that form the backbone of economies.
This is also fundamentally changing the range of services offered by Siemens IT. While our offering was previously focused on office solutions for Siemens businesses, the entire digital transformation is now at the core of our business: as a business enabler, we accompany digital value creation all the way to products and into production. And with IIoT/Edge, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, this value has increased many times over.
My professional goal ist to successfully manage the next phase of our digital journey: That means to drive transformation across our manufacturing sites and ecosystems. NextGen Siemens needs a NextGen IT that sets guardrails for industrial digitization.
- January 2020 - Present: CIO of Siemens AG
- July 2018 - January 2020: CIO of OSRAM
- December 2013 - May 2018: Member of Board at E.ON Business Services GmbH
- January 2009 - November 2013: Head of IT at E.ON
- August 1999 - December 2008: Vice President IT at Telefonica O2 Europe
- 1997 - 1999: Principal/ Engagement Mgr at Capgemini
- 1995 - 1996: Trainee at Robert Bosch GmbH
- 1988 - 1993: University Hannover, Diploma Economics
- 1988 - 1990: University Hannover, Certificate Japanese Studies
- MIT Sloan School of Management, Certificate Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy