José Augusto Pereira Brito
José Augusto has professional experience as engineer, PHD, teacher and researcher. It includes innovative projects in IT: Digital Transformation, IT infrastructure, AV and TV infrastructure, computer systems, information security, business management, projects, process automation, telecommunications, unified communications, educational technologies and computational mathematics.
Experience in engineering projects – civil, mechanical, nuclear power plants and computational sciences. Since August 2017, he is the leader of MackGraphe (http://mackgraphe.mackenzie.br), the new Mackenzie Research Center for Graphene and Nanotechnology. He is teaching in the electrical engineering course and computer sciences course at Mackenzie University.
Mackenzie Presbyterian Institute is associated with the Brazilian educational history, a philanthropic institution that seeks to serve the common good of Brazil and the Brazilian people. In its 147th year, Mackenzie provides a differentiated educational experience for all educational levels, from pre-school to post-graduate courses: 40,000 Higher Education students and 7,500 K12 students across five Campuses, and other 350 K12 Schools with the Mackenzie Educational System in Brazil.
- Since 2017, Executive Director of MackGraphe at Mackenzie University
- 2001 - 2017: CIO of the Mackenzie Presbyterian Institute in São Paulo with the vision and mission of transforming Mackenzie in a Brazilian institution of reference in IT adoption.
- 1998 - 2000: Internet Manager at Mackenzie
- Taught courses at FGV-Rio in IT Business Innovation, and at ECA-USP in Marketing Sciences (Political, Public and Enterprise).
- 2017: Executive Leadership Course. Mackenzie University, São Paulo
- 2014-2016: Global MBA, Manchester Business School-UK
- 2015: Executive Leadership Course. MIT, São Paulo
- 2015: Managerial Course. Mackenzie, São Paulo
- 2011: Enterprise Sustainability - Postgraduate Course. FGV, São Paulo
- 2007: Management of Distance Learning - Postgraduate Course. FGV, São Paulo
- 2001-2005: Doctoral Course in Communication and Marketing. USP, São Paulo
- 2001: E-Business - Postgraduate Course. FGV, São Paulo
- 1997-1998. Managerial Course. Trend Educational Technology, Rio de Janeiro
- 1993-1997. Doctoral Course in Computing Engineering. COPPE-UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro
- 1984-1987. Master Course in Civil Engineering. PUC, Rio de Janeiro
- 1979-1983. Bachelor´s degree in Civil Engineering. UFMT, Cuiabá
- From the Transformation of Industry 4.0 to Nanotechnologies. Expo Innovation – Innovation Awards in Joinville City. 2017
- Since 2012, Mackenzie adopted Office 365 to 28,000 University and K12 Users. Microsoft News Center Brasil. Apr, 2015
- Mackenzie ensures integrity and security of data with ARCserve Backup solution. Customer Case Study. 2014
- Brito, J. A. P. Data Center Container - Case Study Mackenzie. Cloud and Network Convergence. Semestral Meetings of ANSP, 4 Edition, Oct 29-31, 2013. São Paulo
- Brito, J. A. P. Innovative Modular Data Center Containers. DataCenter Dynamics. Converged. Oct. 2013. São Paulo
- Blue Coat Networks. Mackenzie University - Customer Case Study. 2013.
- Mackenzie manage confidential documents with AirWatch Secure Content Locker. Customer Case Study. 2012
- Brito, J. A. P. Cybercitizen: The Virtualization of the Contemporary Public Communication. Organicom Magazine. V. 3, N. 4, USP, 2006
- IT Professional – Winner, Award of 2017 – Category Services Brazil, Informática Hoje Magazine, Plano Editorial.
- IT Professional – Winner, Award of 2015 – Category Education Brazil, Informática Hoje Magazine, Plano Editorial.
- IT Professional – Winner, Award of 2011 – Category Services Brazil, Informática Hoje Magazine, Plano Editorial.
- ComputerWorld IT Leaders 2011– IDG Now Digital.
- The 100 most innovative companies in the use of IT in 2011– Information Week Brasil.
- ComputerWorld IT Leaders 2010– Category Education, IDG Now Digital.
- IT Executive of the year 2010– Category IT and Telecommunications, Information Week.
- e-Learning Brazil 2009– Outstanding Contributions, MicroPower.
- IT Leader 2008. Main Award of the Brazilian Educational Institutions. IDG ComputerWorld.
- e-Learning Brazil 2008– Winner, Academic Project in Brazil, MicroPower.
- IT Professional 2007– Winner, Award in Educational Institutions in Brazil. Informática Hoje Magazine, Plano Editorial.
- e-Learning Brasil 2006– Winner, Educational Gold, MicroPower.
- Japanese Youth Goodwill Mission. Award in Japan, granted by the Ministry of Education of Brazil (MEC) and the Prime Minister of Japan. 1983.