ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Dr. Sturm serves as CIO of ZF Friedrichshafen AG since the beginning of 2015. Prior to that he served 16 years as CIO in the consumer industry, where he led the digital transformation at the Bosch and Siemens Home Appliances Group (2003-2014) and the consumer electronics company Grundig AG (1999-2003). During this time, he was involved into several major business platform renovations for setting up digitally enabled business models which are fully customer centric and consumer driven. He started his career as program manager for Business Process Reengineering at Daimler and became Head of Global Supply Chain at Daimler´s electronics division TEMIC Semiconductors (1994-1998). He is a connected and active member of the european and german CIO networks. Dr. Sturm holds a master and doctorate degree in productional engineering with special focus on manufacturing automation and information systems. During his research period he did applied research primarily for major companies like Alcatel, Bosch, Daimler, Philips and Siemens.
ZF is a global leader in driveline and chassis technology as well as active and passive safety technology. The company has a global workforce of around 137,000 with approximately 230 locations in some 40 countries. In 2016, ZF achieved sales of €35.2 billion. ZF annually invests about six percent of its sales in research & development – ensuring continued success through the design and engineering of innovative technologies. ZF is one of the largest automotive suppliers worldwide.
- 2015 – Present: CIO Corporate Information Technology of ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- 2003 – 2014: CIO of BSH Bosch and Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH, München
- 1999 – 2003: Divisional Head Organisation, Processes, Informationssystems of Grundig AG, Nürnberg
- 1996 – 1999: Divisional Head for Supply Chain Management und Logistic TEMIC Telefunken microelectronic GmbH
- 1995 – 1996: Program Manager for Business Process Reengineering, Produktionstechnik und Logistik Consult of Daimler-Benz AG, Stuttgart
- 1989 – 1994 Dr.-Ing. engineering technology at University Erlangen-Nürnberg,
- 1982 – 1989 Mechanical engineering and manufacturing, Dipl.-Ing. at University Erlangen-Nürnberg