-> CIO (Digital Transformation and IT Director) Sniezka Group
Marek has been IT director and responsible for strategy planning and implementation of IT at Synthos group in Poland. He leads an international IT team for designing and operational management. As IT director, Marek is responsible for the implementation of ERP integrated system for the Group (finance, distribution, sale, warehouses management, transport), for production (MRP for ongoing production included), HR (projects, maintenance, documentations, workflow) and Business Intelligence (Microstrategy, IBM DataStage, DB2). Marek has deep knowledge and wide experience in project management, among others with solutions implementation, software development, integrated systems implementation, system integration and telco networks implementation.
Synthos is the first biggest European manufacturer of expandable emulsion rubber, the second biggest European manufacturer of neodymium polybutadiene rubber and a leading European manufacturer of polystyrene. One of most innovative and developing companies in Eastern Europe. Company’s headquarter is located in Oswiecim in southern Poland, production plants in Poland and in Czech. Annual production 1.16 Billion tons. The largest customers for synthetic rubbers – main product – are the largest worldwide tyre producers as Continnental, Michallin, Goodyear.
- 2007 – Present : IT Director (Dyrektor Informatyki) of Synthos S.A.
- 2006 – 2007: Programme Manager, PMP PMI of Sygnity SA (former ComputerLand SA)
- 2004 – 2006: Utilities Subsector Execution Departement Director of ComputerLand S.A.
- 1996 – 2005: Project Manager, PMP PMI of ComputerLand S.A.
- 2008 – 2010: International MBA of St. Gallen (Switzerland) & Cracow (Poland) Schools of Business
- 2003 – 2008: Master in Project Management at George Washington University
- 1991 – 1996: MoS, Engineer, Electronics, Automatics at Akademia Górniczo-Hutnicza im. Stanisława Staszica w Krakowie
- ComputerWorld 09/2011; polish edition „IT in all areas“
- ComputerWorld 09/2012 „Entire company in PC“
- Computerworld 11/2012 „IFS Applications supporting management in Synthos Group“
- CIO Top 100 Priorities 2018 “Safe transition into IoT ecosystem”; “ The Great digital synthesis”
- Finalist in "IT Leader 2011",
- "IT Leader 2012" national competition for IT Synthos managed by M. Niziolek
- “Diamond CIO 2017” in national competition of CIO of the Year 2017