VP Information Technology / Group CIO
My CV gave me the opportunity to follow a learning path that allowed me to develop personally and successfully. 10 years in competitive sports, 12 years in military leadership tasks even under extreme conditions and more than 20 years of industrial experience have taught me the core skills of perseverance, concentration, leadership, teamwork and a broad organizational, process-related experience combined with a strong technology and innovation perspective. These are also the success factors in the current implementation of the initiatives at MAHLE, on the one hand the complete transformation of MAHLE IT from a classic "hey Joe" IT to a global service provider and the complete realignment of the process world by building a new digital backbone with the six areas of focus ERP, MES, PLM, HR, purchasing and analytics. Both strategic orientations contribute to the corporate strategy and support MAHLE in the industrial transformation of the automotive sector as well as digitization.
MAHLE is among the top 20 of the world's largest suppliers and is the fourth largest automotive supplier in its German home market. Every second car contains MAHLE components that are manufactured at around 160 production sites in more than 30 countries. In 12 research and development centers around the world, the group works on new products and processes for its technological innovation pipeline. MAHLE is a global player with a firm eye on the future.
The focus is clear: It's about securing MAHLE's future as a successful technology champion in the long term. That is why the Group is resolutely and consistently pressing ahead with its structural and technological transformation. MAHLE stands for the drive triad of the future: electric motor, fuel cell and intelligent combustion engine that runs on non-fossil fuels.
- January 2017 - Present: VP Information Technology / Group CIO of MAHLE International GmbH
- June 2020: Advisory Council Member at Wargitsch Transformation Engineers
- November 1996 - December 2016: Corporate CIO / Corporate Knowledge Manager CKO of Rheinmetall AG
- 1990 - 1993: Universität der Bundeswehr München, Dipl.-Kfm. Wirtschaft und Organisationswissenschaften
- 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013: Top 10 CIO des Jahres, Computerwoche
- 2013: Finalist European CIO of the Year Awards
- 2015: European CIO of the Year - Germany; AI Business Excellence 2015 Award
- 2020: CIO of the Decade Top Ten, Confare & EY