CIO and SVP
NXP Semiconductors N.V. creates solutions for the Connected Car, Cyber Security, Portable and Wearable and the Internet of Things.
Olli Hyyppä joined NXP in June 2013 as the SVP and CIO with extensive international experience in IT in the high tech and semiconductor industry.
He started his career as a SW designer specializing in machine vision systems at Ruukki, a large Finnish steel corporation. He subsequently worked at Elektrobit in Erlangen, Germany, with increasing responsibilities in ICT management including multiple M&A integrations in the IT area and leading global IM teams.
He joined ST-Ericsson in 2009 as Head of the Office of the CIO in charge of building and implementing the ICT governance model for the then established joint venture. In 2010 he was nominated to lead the ICT organization and later on his responsibilities were extended to cover also Engineering Support services for ST-Ericsson's large R&D community. His last position was CIO and Head of ICT & Engineering Support at ST-Ericsson, located in Geneva, Switzerland.
Carreer Summary of Olli Hyyppä
- 2013 – Present: Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at NXP Semiconductors in Eindhoven, Netherlands
- 2010 – 2013: CIO, Head of ICT and Engineering Support at ST-Ericsson in Geneva, Switzerland
- 2009 – 2010: Head of the Office of the CIO at ST-Ericsson in Geneva, Switzerland
- 2007 – 2009: Director of Information Management at EB in Erlangen, Germany
- 2003 – 2007: Director, Information Management at EB (Elektrobit) in Oulu, Finland
- 2002 – 2003: Project Manager, IT integration at Elektrobit Group Plc
- 1996 – 2002: Manager, Engineering Support at Elektrobit Ltd
- 1991 – 1996: Designer, Machine vision systems at Rautaruukki Oyj
- degree as MSc Electrical Engineering.