Dr. Roland Schütz
Member of the Executive Board and CIO
Roland Schuetz has taken over the newly created position as Member of Executive Board IT & Digital of the PHOENIX group at the beginning of 2021.
The PHOENIX group is a leading healthcare provider in Europe. Every day, we reliably provide people with drugs and medical products. More than 39,000 employees make an important contribution to comprehensive healthcare in 27 European countries generating approx. EUR 28 billion revenue.
Roland Schuetz joined PHOENIX from the Lufthansa Group, where he has been responsible for the group’s IT since 2017 as Chief Information Officer. A trained physicist, Dr Schütz has held different management roles at the Lufthansa Group for the last 15 years, including as Chief Information Officer of the largest business segments Lufthansa Cargo and Lufthansa Passage. Prior to that Roland Schuetz held various leadership positions in IT service organisations in the financial industry.
- January 2021 - today: Member of the Executive Board and CIO of Phoenix Pharma SE
- February 2017 – December 2020: EVP Information Management & Lufthansa Group CIO
- January 2016 – January 2017: EVP and CIO Lufthansa Group Airlines and Digital Initiatives at Lufthansa Group
- June 2014 – December 2015: CIO of Lufthansa, SVP Information Management & CIO Lufthansa Passage
- November 2005 – October 2010: COO of Lufthansa,
- March 1996 – October 2005: Head of System Technology at Fiducia IT AG
- 1993 – 1996: University of Karlsruhe (TH): Dr. rer. nat., Physics
- 1987 – 1993: University of Karlsruhe (TH): Dipl. Phys.
- 1978– 1987: Kepler Gymnasium, Freiburg, Abitur
- Lufthansa CIO Dr Roland Schütz describes the airline's digital transformation
- Q&A: Lufthansa CIO Roland Schütz on Digital Transformation in the Skies
- Wechsel von Lufthansa Cargo: Schütz neuer CIO bei Lufthansa Passage
- Dr. Roland Schütz ab sofort Chief Information Officer (CIO) aller Fluglinien in der Lufthansa Group
- Dr. Roland Schütz named Chief Information Officer (CIO) of all Lufthansa Group airlines - effective immediately