Sundi Balu is International Chief Information Officer for Telstra based in Hong Kong. He is responsible for overseeing the management and direction of international information technology and Cloud Services at Telstra. He is also the founding chairman of the Asia Cloud Computing Association. Sundi has over 20 years of experience in various functions of IT and consulting. Sundi was previously the CIO of Reach, a joint venture between PCCW and Telstra. He has held several senior technology roles at National Australia Bank in Asia, including program director and head of projects Asia. Prior to joining National Australia Bank, Sundi managed a consulting business. He also held various technology roles for ANZ Bank and BHP Billiton. Sundi started his career as a systems analyst with a mining company in India.
Sundi holds a MBA from the Melbourne Business School and holds a Master’s degree in Engineering from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology.
Telstra is one of the leading telecommunications and technology companies offering a wide range of services globally. Telstra brings innovative technology, capability and talent from around the world to enable its customers to thrive in a connected world. Telstra’s heritage is proudly Australian, with a longstanding international business with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region. Today, Telstra has more than 3,000 employees working in over 20 countries outside of Australia providing services to thousands of business, wholesale and government customers.
- 2011 – Present : CIO of International in Hongkong
- 2010 – 2011: IT stewardship for multiple lines of business and cloud services
- Founding Chairman at Asia Cloud Computing Association
- 2007 – 2011: CIO of Reach Ltd
- 2005 – 2007: Program Director of National Australia Bank Asia
- 2003 – 2005: Business Technology Partner of Transformation Programs, Private Banking Technology, Asia - National Australia Bank
- 2001 – 2003: Managing Partner of Balu and Associates
- 1999 – 2001: Senior Manager of ANZ Bank
- 2001 – 2003: MBA, Master of Business Administration at University of Melbourne - Melbourne Business School
- 1994 – 2000: Masters of Engineering, Computer Engineering RMIT University