Philipp has 20 years of experience in project and IT management and 13 years as CIO. He joined mainova, a leading utiliites company in Germany, based in Frankfurt, in 2013 and first focussed on the restructuring of IT. Major benefits were a new demand and project portfolio management. During these years the relationship between business and IT has become a partnership. He also changed and optimized the whole IT architecture along the value chain and developed a platform strategy which is now being implemented. Currently, several agile projects are changing the IT organization and leading to mixed teams.
Mainova is one of the largest regional utility companies in Germany and supplies customers in and around Frankfurt with electricity, gas, heat and water. Frankfurt is a fast growing city and has become the leading cluster for data centers in Germany. Large customers are i.e. the Frankfurt airport, many banks and several large IT provider, which are located around Europe’s largest internet hub. Mainova produces a large part of the electricity as well as heat itself. More than one third of our electricity comes from renewables. A new strategy has been just recently developed and is focussing on digitalization of the business.
- 2013 – Present: CIO of Mainova AG (Utilities)
- 2005 – 2012: CIO of swb AG (Utilites)
- 2001 – 2004: Managing Consultant of Horvath & Partners Management Consultants
- 1996 – 2001: Head of Management Programs at ESMT - European School of Management and Technology (USW Schloss Gracht
- 1990 – 1995: Studies of Business Administration at University of Witten/Herdecke