CIOmove is a global conference that brings together CIOs of multinational companies with an average of $5 billion in revenue, see Participants.
The conference takes place annually and moves around the globe. Smaller meetings are offered bimonthly to reconnect CIOs with special interests.
The topics of the discussions are chosen by CIOs and led by CIOs. Professors from Columbia University, the Technical University of Munich, and the University of St. Gallen provide academic support.
The method for matching CIOs and topics is comparable to the “syntegration” by Anthony Stafford Beer and “open space” by Harrison Owen. It allows for in-depth networking sessions in small groups of peers with similar interests.
In this video we show you how the CIOmove works
The destination for CIOmove 2024 will be Morocco!
- Portugal, where we explored the chances of nearshoring in a stable democracy with a prosperous IT environment, see AGENDA 2023
- Switzerland, to have group discussions at the University of Zurich (close to the former office of Albert Einstein) and also to see the World´s first truly autonomous drones flying, see VIDEO 2022
- Germany, during Corona restrictions a limited number of CIOs cycled along the river Neckar, visiting Daimler, Porsche and the new campus of the TUM in Heilbronn, see VIDEO 2021
- USA, to discuss AI topics at Columbia University, United Nations and the US Military Academy in Westpoint, see VIDEO 2019
- Israel,to meet the most promising startups and security companies of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, see VIDEO 2018
- Spain, to see the world´s leading business school IESE and to meet the “Consell de CIOs de Catalunya”, see VIDEO 2017
- UK and France, to meet the youngest Lord of Britain in London, experience a new way of learning at “l´École 42” in Paris and to see TMforum in Nice, see VIDEO 2016
- Switzerland, to stroll through the banking district of Zurich and to become part of the World Economic Forum in Davos, see VIDEO 2015
- Germany, to meet in the boardroom of Deutsche Bahn, visit the World´s biggest IT-fair Cebit (see photo) and see Berlin´s prospering startup-scene, see VIDEO 2014
Discussions at CIOmove will focus on the following areas:
- Innovation (finding and adopting game-changing technologies)
- Intelligence (communicating more effectively with better data)
- Integration (making the business more efficient in processes)
Leading scientists like Prof. Helmut Krcmar from TUM, Prof. Arthur Langer from Columbia University and Prof. Walter Brenner from University of St.Gallen serve as “scientific supporters” at CIOmove. These constant companions invited even more scientists from MIT (2015), ETH Zurich (2016+2022) and IESE (2017).
The world´s biggest CIO-networks contribute: “CIO Executive Council” in Boston, the “China CIO Association” in Shanghai and “Euro-CIO” in Brussels are sending delegates to CIOmove.
Companions are welcome at CIOmove. They may join an extra program to explore our destinations or contribute their own topics for the CIO discussions.
The business model: CIOmove is run by Horst Ellermann and Faktor3. CIOs pay a fee for joining the conference, see Terms & Conditions – CIOmove. Boardmembers of IT vendors like Accenture, Google, HPE and Salesforce sponsor the CIOmove generously. They are allowed to join the discussions in a limited number. The ratio is 3:1 – three or more CIOs meet not more than one vendor in all group discussions, see Partners 2022 – CIOmove
CIOmove was an idea of Helmut Krcmar, Professor at TUM – Technical University Munich. Helmut is also one of the founders of Germany´s “CIOcircle” that started in 2002 and became the biggest CIO network in Central Europe.