Head of IT
Alexander Schell has been the Head of IT / CIO for Germany of Johnson Controls since 2021. In this role, his focus is on the implementation of the corporate IT strategy to become “digital to the core” while harmonising the IT process and systems landscape after various mergers and acquisitions.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries focusing on sustainable building technologies and services.
Before joining Johnson Controls, Schell was Deputy CIO and Head of International IT at Triumph International, a global apparel company, where he successfully led several IT transformation and outsourcing programmes.
Previous roles include Head of IT Strategy and Head of Business Finance at Lloyds Banking Group and Senior IT Management Consultant and CIO Advisor, mainly with BearingPoint, MHP/Porsche and Deloitte, where he has led large programmes with international clients from various industries.
Photo credit: Johnson Controls
- 2021 – present: Head of IT / CIO Germany, Johnson Controls
- 2019 – 2021: Senior Manager, Deloitte and MHP – A Porsche Company
- 2015 – 2019: Deputy CIO and Head of International IT, Triumph International
- 2007 – 2015: Head of IT Strategy and Head of Business Finance, Lloyds Banking Group
- 2005 – 2007: Manager, Bearing Point
- 2000 – 2004: Consultant and Project Manager, GE Capital
- 1992 – 1999: Electrical Engineering at FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg (Dipl.-Ing.)
- 1992 – 1999: Bavarian State Scholarship for High Potentials
- 2007: Executive Education at Yale School of Management