UIB Groupe Societe Generale
Amara holds a diploma in computer engineering from the National School of Computer Science and a diploma of higher education from the Institut Technique de Banques de Paris. He joined the UIB in 1993 where he supervised several technical and business projects and assumed several responsibilities in the IT field.
Since October 2016, he has been appointed Chief Information Officer.
Created in 1964, the UIB is a key player in the Tunisian banking landscape.
Its model is that of a universal bank, whose vocation is to offer a complete range of services to any type of clientele:
Individuals, Professionals, SMEs, Large Companies, Institutional.
Driven by a strong growth momentum, the UIB is constantly strengthening its commercial network with more than 138 agencies operating throughout Tunisia, ensuring good coverage of urbanized areas.
Privatized in 2002 with the purchase of a portion of its capital by the Societe Generale Group, the UIB relies on all the skills of the group to provide advice and solutions that best meet the needs of its clientele.
- October 2016 – present: CIO of UIB Groupe Societe Generale, Tunisia
- August 2014 – October 2016: DSI Adjoint (Deputy CIO) at UIB Groupe Societe Generale
- November 2012 – February 2014: DSI Adjoint (Deputy CIO) in charge of the management and animation of the team Electronic Banking Development Unit at UIB Groupe Societe Generale
- July 2011 – July 2012: Deputy CIO in charge of the management and animation of the IT Operations team at UIB Groupe Societe Generale
- August 2006 – June 2011: Head of the "Application Management and Certification" Department at UIB Groupe Societe Generale
- 1996 – 1998 : Finance at ITB, Institut Techniques Bancaires de Paris
- 1990 – 1993: Computer Science at ENSI, National School of Computer Science of Tunis, Engineer
- 1989 – 1990: Engineering at IPEIN, Preparatory Institute for the Engineering Schools of Nabeul, Diploma