With more than 25 years of experience in several sectors (Insurance, FMCG, Retail, Manufacturing) Javier's background includes experience implementing technical solutions across several continents and working to bring value to the business through a myriad of successful projects.
One of his main tasks is to confirm and expose the relevance of the function providing, sustaining and incrementing the completive advantage of the company thanks to the use of the technology. He has a passion to make things happen and a vision of how to transform companies with the use of new ideas.
Master of Engineering (MEng) Telecommunications, (UPM Universidad Politécnica, Madrid Spain), ExMBA (IE, Instituto de Empresa, Madrid Spain), SMP (IMD, Lausanne Switzerland) and post-degree studies at MIT Sloan School of Management, joined HEINEKEN España in 2018 as CIO and member of its Executive Board. With over 25 years’ experience (Insurance, FMCG, Manufacturing) his background includes implementing solutions across several continents.
The successfully accomplished projects include the design and implementation of several large outsourcing deals; leading the digital transformation of large companies and implementing tangible examples of connected factory blending IT and OT technologies. He has an extensive record of IT organizational design experience and wide knowledge on how technology is changing leadership within the organizations.
One of his main tasks is to expose the relevance of the function providing, and incrementing the completive advantage of HEINEKEN España thanks to the use of technology.
He has a passion to teach and share knowledge and is Associated Professor of the IE (Instituto de Empresa, Madrid Spain) in its Master in Computer Science & Business Technology.
HEINEKEN - the world's most international brewer. It is the leading developer and marketer of premium beer and cider brands. Led by the Heineken® brand, the Group has a portfolio of more than 300 international, regional, local and speciality beers and ciders. We are committed to innovation, long-term brand investment, disciplined sales execution and focused cost management.
Through "Brewing a Better World", sustainability is embedded in the business and delivers value for all stakeholders. HEINEKEN has a well-balanced geographic footprint with leadership positions in both developed and developing markets.
We employ over 80,000 employees and operate breweries, malteries, cider plants and other production facilities in more than 70 countries. Our most recent information is available on: www.theHEINEKENcompany.com and follow us on Twitter via @HEINEKENCorp.
- 2019 Professor, Master in Computer Science & Business Technology, IE Madrid, Spain
- October 2018 – present: CIO of Heineken Spain
- July 2014 – October 2018: Global IST Director (Group CIO) at Campofrio Food Group
- January 2014 – July 2014: Europe Head of Infrastructure Operation at SABMiller
- November 2011 – December 2013: Head of Operations EMEA (COO) at Holcim Services EMEA
- August – October 2011: IT Director Spain (CIO) of Selecta Spain
- November 2010 – July 2011: Volunteer of Sovereign Order of Malta
- January 2006 – October 2010: IT Director Europe&Asia at Beam Global Spirits and Wine
- 2004 – 2006: Service Delivery Manager Europe at Allied Domecq
- 1999 – 2004: Head of department. Infrastructure and Operations at Allied Domecq
- January 1993 – September 1999: Head of department Internet&Email at MAPFRE
- 2018 Heineken IT Leadership Development Program 2018 at IMD (International Institute for Management Development)
- 2017 – 2018: Leadership, Technology and Business Acumen Program at MIT - Sloan School of Management
- 2013: Business Administration and Management, General at IMD (International Institute for Management Development) - Business Programs, Senior Management Program (SMP)
- 2000 – 2001: EXMBA at IE (Instituto de Empresa), Master in Business Administration
- 1986 – 1993: Ingeniería de telecomunicaciones/Telecommunications at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Ingeniero Superior/Master of Engineering (MEng)
- Javier Álvarez, nuevo director de Sistemas de Información de Heineken España
- Heineken España nombra a Javier Álvarez nuevo Director de sistemas de información
- Campofrío Food Group Leads the Way in Digitization with Cisco Connected Factory Solution
- Javier Álvarez, CIO de Campofrío Food Group: "La inteligencia artificial está llegando también a la industria cárnica"
- Smart Manufacturing Rises from the Ashes: Campofrio’s La Bureba Factory
- CFG, awarded in the CIONET and eNet Awards for Digital Leadership
- CIONET Digital Leadership awards. CIO of the year Spain