Andreas Beeres has worked on the IT manufacturer and user side in his 30 years of IT experience. His projects to be highlighted include the modernization of the Telekom ISP backbone to MPLS, the implementation of a worldwide IT "OneIT" at SCHOTT and the planning of a complete infrastructure change for R+V Versicherung Germany. The current project is the switch from SAP ECC 6.0 to S4 for SCHOTT global. The goal for 2022 is to further digitize SCHOTT's business models. The newly founded Digital Acceleration Team has already laid important foundations for this through augmented reality solutions and the introduction of artificial intelligence.
SCHOTT is a leading international technology group in the areas of specialty glass and glass-ceramics. The company has more than 130 years of outstanding development, materials and technology expertise and offers a broad portfolio of high-quality products and intelligent solutions. SCHOTT is an innovative enabler for many industries, including the home appliance, pharma, electronics, optics, life sciences, automotive and aviation industries. SCHOTT strives to play an important part of everyone’s life and is committed to innovation and sustainable success.
- July 2010 – present: CIO of SCHOTT AG
- January 2010 – June 2010: CIO of VAPS EDV-Service & Vertrieb GmbH
- March 2006 – December 2009: CIO of SEAT Deutschland GmbH
- January 2001 – February 2006: IT Security Manager at R+V Versicherung
- January 2000 – December 2000: Teamleader Professional Services at Cisco
- January 1995 – December 1999: Project Manager at Siemens