- Bernd Rattey has been CIO for Deutsche Bahn AG since November 2021.
- After completing his studies as a computer scientist, Bernd worked for five years as an SAP consultant and project manager in a DAX 30 chemical company. In 2001 he moved to Deutsche Lufthansa AG, where he held various management positions in the Passage segment. From 2013, he headed the department of IT architecture and innovation management for the Lufthansa Group in the central corporate IT organization and was the project manager of a group-wide program for the realignment of the eCommerce systems of the Lufthansa Group.
- In the summer of 2014, he joined Deutsche Bahn Vertrieb, where he acted as Vice President for the sales channel ticket machines. This includes the end-to-end responsibility for the marketing, distribution, further development and operational operation of the channel.
- In 2016 Bernd Rattey took over the role as CIO for DB Fernverkehr AG. In this function he was responsible for all IT topics from IT governance to IT management.
- His goals for 2022 includes the fusion of business and IT in a federal system, business transformation with SAP HANA and to support “Strong Rail” (strategy for the train sector) with digitization.