Revenue4.99 bn €
Bernd Rattey has been CIO for DB Fernverkehr AG since 2016. In this function, he reports to the CEO of DB Fernverkehr AG and is responsible for all IT topics from IT governance to IT management.
After completing his studies as a computer scientist, Bernd worked for five years as an SAP consultant and project manager in a DAX 30 chemical company. In 2001 he moved to Deutsche Lufthansa AG, where he held various management positions in the Passage segment. This includes, among other things, the IT responsibility for the development of all customer-relevant applications, such as www.lufthansa.com and the related apps for mobile devices.
From 2013, he headed the department of IT architecture and innovation management for the Lufthansa Group in the central corporate IT organization and was the project manager of a group-wide program for the realignment of the eCommerce systems of the Lufthansa Group.
In the summer of 2014, he joined Deutsche Bahn Vertrieb, where he was responsible as Vice President for the sales channel ticket machines. This includes the end-to-end responsibility for the marketing, distribution, further development and operational operation of the channel.
- October 2016–today: CIO of DB Fernverkehr AG
- August 2014–September 2016: VP Sales Ticket Machines at DB Fernverkehr AG
- May 2013 – July 2014: Director Group IT Architecture and Innovation Management at Lufthansa
- April 2011 – April 2013: Director IT Customer Frontends (eCommerce) at Lufthansa
- July 2006–March 2011: Director IT Passenger Service Systems and Check-In at Lufthansa
- July 2001 – June 2006: Director IT HR-Systems at Lufthansa
- October 1998 – June 2001: Teamlead HR-IT-Systems
- July 1996 – September 1998: SAP Consultant and Project Manager
- 1990 - 1996: University of Bremen , Master's Dregree, Computerwissenschaft
- London Business School
- Top Ten Nominee CIO of the Decade Germany (2020)