Dr Ulrich Arnold
Dr Ulrich Arnold is a senior IT manager with a broad and deep experience in all aspects of IT management in different industries. As CEO of GKV Informatik, he uses technology for business innovation and has led many major transformations in an international context, as well as consolidation across several countries. Arnold has also developed innovations based on IT leveraging and the use of new technologies.
GKV Informatik is a joint venture of BARMER and several local health insurance funds (AOKs) and HEK providing IT solutions for the healthcare sector. As their primary IT provider, GKV Informatik offers project management and consulting, application advice, digital documents, telematics, and other services to major health insurance organisations with 40k users.
- Feb 2021–present: CEO, GKV Informatik, Germany
- May 2020 – Jan 2021: Transformation Manager, Sopra Financial Technology
- Sep 2017 – May 2020: Vice President IT Sourcing / IT Supply Chain, Lufthansa Group
- Mar 2015 – Aug 2017: CIO / Executive Director, IT Lufthansa AirPlus
- Jan 2011 – Feb 2015: Head Rollout Management, Atos
- Jan 2008 – Dec 2010: Head of Product Centre, Atos Worldline
- Jan 2003 – Dec 2007: CIO / Director, Atos Worldline
- Jan 2001 – Feb 2003: MD, Schober Information Group
- Sep 1998 – Dec 2001: Manager, Würth IT International, Würth Group
- Jul 1996 – Aug 1998: Manager E-Commerce, Würth Group
- Nov 1989 – Jun 1996: Assistant Professor and Researcher
- 2003-2007: Henley Business School, MBA, Economics
- 1991–1995: University of Stuttgart, Dr. rer. nat., Computer Science
- 1983-1989: Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg, Dipl.-Informatiker, Medizinische Informatik
- 1983-1989: Hochschule Heilbronn, Dipl. Infom. Med., Medizinische Informatik
GKV Informatik is a 'pure IT' provider servicing 40,000 users. Digitalisation in health insurance (GKV Informatik's customers and shareholders) is progressing although it's still work in progress.