After earning a diploma in biology, Christian Neugebauer founded a software company which he ran with a partner for 13 years, covering many market sectors and software solutions. He then started building up a new business unit within Xerox, also on an international level. Neugebauer thinks that this was an excellent preparation for entering the best C-level position (CIO) because of how much he learnt, both in operational management as well as understanding how important the right methodological approach within IT is in practice.
In his current role at AVL, he had to redirect an IT department just living in the infrastructural world towards being a business partner, improving the operational excellence of AVL significantly. His motto is “IT loves you”.
AVL is the world’s largest independent company for development, simulation and testing in the automotive industry, and in other sectors. Drawing on its pioneering spirit, the company provides concepts, solutions and methodologies to shape future mobility trends.
- May 2012 – present: CIO, AVL
- Feb 2008 – Apr 2012: CIO, Haniel Group
- 2002 – 2008: General Manager, Xerox
- Oct 2000 – Jul 2001: COO, Thinktools
- May 1997 – Sep 2000: General Manager, Xerox
- 1985 – 1997: CEO, AIS GmbH
- 1984: Biology Diploma, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
AVL-CIO positioniert IT als Partner auf Augenhöhe CIO
Neugebauer neuer CIO bei AVL CIO
"Betrüger" lockten AVL-Mitarbeiter mit Traumreise Kleine Zeitung
- Top 10 – CIO of the Year 2020 - Large-sized businesses