Since May 2019 Christian is responsible as Group CIO of GEA, one of the largest suppliers for the food processing industry and a wide range of other industries. GEA generated consolidated revenues of approximately EUR 4.8 billion in 2018.
The international technology group specializes in machinery, and plants as well as process technology and components. GEA provides sustainable energy solutions for sophisticated production processes in various end-user markets and offers a comprehensive service portfolio. The group generates around 70 percent of its revenue in the food and beverages sector that enjoys long-term sustainable growth. As of December 31, 2018, the company employed about 18,500 people worldwide. GEA is a market and technology leader in its business areas.
- May 2019 - present: Group CIO of GEA, Germany
- August 2017 - April 2019: CIO and Group Vice President Information Technology of MANN + HUMMEL, Germany
- October 2011 - July 2017: CIO of KHS GmbH, Germany
- January 2008 - September 2011: Head of Enterprise Architecture at KHS, Germany
- January 2006 - December 2007: Managing Director of GeoTask AG, Switzerland
- Diplom Ingenieur, Fertigungstechnik, Hochschule Bochum
- Diplom-Wirtschaftsingenieur, Hochschule Bochum
- 2015 Top 10 – CIO des Jahres (Großunternehmen)
- 2014 Top 20 – CIO des Jahres (Großunternehmen)
- 2013 Finalteilnehmer – CIO des Jahres (Grußunternehmen)