B. Braun Group
Gerd has experiences as CIO in the area of automotive industry, retail, healthcare and pharma.
B. Braun is one of the world's leading providers and manufacturers of healthcare solutions today. Every service that B. Braun provides incorporates the entirety of our knowledge and skills, the company's deep understanding of users' needs, and extensive expertise since 1839. With its constantly growing portfolio of effective medical care solutions, B. Braun makes a substantial contribution towards protecting and improving people's health. In total, the B. Braun product range comprises 5,000 different products. By offering supplementary services and consulting, B. Braun is a system supplier that develops the best solution for patients in close partnership with our customers, making a significant contribution to medical advancements.
- 2017 – present Chief Information Officer (CIO), B. Braun Group
- 2013-2016 Chief Information Officer (CIO), HELLA Group
- 2008-2016 Head of IT Asia/Pacific, HELLA Shanghai/China
- 2003-2007 Project Manager, Information- & Logistics-Management, HELLA
- 2001-2002 Senior Consultant, INFORA, Management Consultancy, Cologne
- Executive MBA, Mannheim Business School
- Executive MBA, Tongji University, Shanghai
- Information-/Communication Management, Wilhelm-Büchner-Hochschule
- Computer Science, Universität Paderborn
Gerd Niehage has over 3 decades experiences in Executive Management, IT and Consultancy in a global, intercultural and diverse environment.
• the driver of the Intelligent Enterprise
• a leader of the IT from a service provider to be a part of the business
• an enabler of growth in times of financial crisis
• a pioneer in Industry 4.0
with industry specific skills in Healthcare, Pharma, Medical Devices, Automotive and Retail
- Split IT budget into classic IT services and digital product development
- Change from decentral regional IT to a global centralized IT organization
- Change from a best of breed approach to a standardized platform strategy
- Outsourcing of IT commodities, Insourcing of B. Braun specific know-how, Setup of Shared Service Centers in Eastern Europa, South-East-Asia and South-America