Dr Matthias Trabandt
Head Group IT
Dr Matthias Trabandt is an executive with more than 25 years experience in IT and operations. He joined one of the world’s largest pharma companies after finishing his PhD including experimental work in the universities of Hamburg, Bloomington and Livermore. Trabandt has vast experience in IT operations, leading change, restructuring, data center consolidation, building agile development across IT and business departments, cost reduction, and leading organisations up to 500 people.
Since January 2019, Trabandt has been Head Group IT in the Swiss Life Headquarters in Zurich - a leading European provider of comprehensive life and pensions and financial solutions. Prior to that, he was COO of Swiss Life Germany, where he was responsible for Swiss Life’s IT in Germany and for operating the company’s common service platform.
- Jan 2019 – present: Head Group IT, Swiss Life AG, Switzerland
- Apr 2014 – Dec 2018: COO and Member of the Executive Board, Swiss Life Deutschland Holding, Germany
- Mar 2011 – Feb 2014: Global Head of IT Integration for Alcon, Novartis, US
- Jan 2006 – Feb 2011: CIO, Novartis International, Switzerland
- Dec 2001 – Dec 2005: CIO, Novartis Pharma Germany
- Dec 1996 – Nov 2001: various positions at Novartis Pharma AG, including Global Head of e-Research, Global Head of Application Development in Research, and Head of IT Medical Research London
- Nov 1989 – Dec 1996: various positions at Sandoz Pharma AG, including AI Projects, Head DB Group, IT Head Preclinical research Basle, and Global Head Biology Systems
- 1979 – 1989: Nuclear Physics at Hamburg University, Dr. rer. nat. (RNDr)
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab (LLNL), California: Research for Diploma Thesis
- Indiana University Cyclotron Facility (IUCF), Indiana: Research for Ph.D. thesis