Head of Information Technology of MTU Aero Engines,
Main focus of the work of Pamela Herget-Wehlitz at MTU Aero Engines to date is the implementation of a group-wide Digitalization strategy. As a part of that MTU recruited several specialists in different business areas to increase the digital competence within the company. Another important part of the Digitalization strategy is also the modernization and standardization of several IT tools.
MTU Aero Engines is Germany’s leading aero engine manufacturer and an established global player in the industry. The company engages in the design, development, manufacturing, marketing and support of commercial and military aircraft engines in all thrust and power categories and stationary gas turbines. Operating affiliates all over the world, MTU has a local presence in major regions and markets.
In the commercial engine business, MTU has content in all thrust and power categories, from propulsion systems for business jets and engines for narrowbody aircraft with geared turbofan technology to the world's most powerful engines. The company is a valued and trusted partner to all of the big players in the industry: GE, Pratt & Whitney and Rolls-Royce.
In the maintenance business, MTU Maintenance is the world's largest independent provider of commercial engine MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) services in terms of sales. The primary focus is on providing support for engines in which MTU is a risk- and revenue-sharing partner. MTU is the leading global provider of maintenance and repair services for the V2500, the engine powering the current Airbus A320 family of aircraft. MTU Maintenance also offers repair solutions for a wide variety of different engine types.
In the military arena, MTU Aero Engines is Germany's industrial lead company for practically all engines flown by the country's military. The company delivers the enabling technologies, develops and manufactures engines and engine components, and provides logistics support.
- February 2015-present: Head of Information Technology of MTU Aero Engines AG
- November 2007-January 2015: Head of Corporate Quality of MTU Aero Engines
- May 2006-October 2007: Senior project manager PDM implementation at MTU Aero Engines
- January 2001-April 2006: Head of Design at MTU Aero Engines GmbH
- March 1998-December 2000: Project Manager Introduction Product Data Management (PDM) at BMW
- December 1994-March 1998: Process Consulting/Organization at BMW Inhouse Consulting
- December 1993-November 1994: Project manager Functional and Geometric Integration at BMW
- October 1990-November 1993: Group Leader Structural Mechanics at BMW
- June 1985-September 1990: Compressor aerodynamics and engine testing at MTU Aero Engines
- 1998-2000: Systems Engineering and dissertation at TU München, Dr.- Ing.
- 1980-1985: Aerospace Engineering at TU Berlin, Dipl.-Ing.