Dr Stefan Henkel
Head of IT (CIO)
Stefan Henkel studied economics at the University of Bamberg, where he also received his PhD. After working as an assistant professor and as a freelance IT consultant, he started his Siemens career in 1996 at Siemens Management Consulting in Munich. In 1997, he became the Director of Supply Chain Consulting at Corporate Procurement and Logistics.
After filling further management positions in other departments, he joined Customer Services at the Healthcare Sector in 2006, where he was responsible for the global "Product Support" and "Siemens Remote Service". In 2010, he led the Sector Transformation Management Office. In 2011, Stefan Henkel became the Head of Customer Relationship Management Operations. Since January 2014 he assumes the responsibility as Head of Information Technology within Siemens Healthineers. With the IPO of Siemens Healthineers in March 2018 Stefan Henkel has taken the accountability as CIO.
Siemens Healthineers AG is a leading medical technology company headquartered in Erlangen, Germany. Siemens Healthineers and its regional companies are continuously developing their product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications and digital offerings that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology.
Image courtesy of Siemens Healthineers
- May 2016 – present: Head of IT, Siemens Healthineers
- 2014 – April 2016: Head of IT, Siemens Healthcare
- 2011 – Dec 2013: Head of CRM Operations, Siemens Healthcare
- Mar 2010 – Dec 2010: Leading Project Manager Sector Transformation, Siemens Healthcare
- Jun 2006 – Feb 2010: Process Owner Installed Base Service and Siemens Remote Service, Siemens Healthcare
- Jan 2002 – May 2006: Head of Corporate IT Audit, Siemens
IT-Strategietage 2020: Technik ist nicht alles! ComputerWoche