Dr Susanne Lehmann
Senior Director Production North American Region
The Volkswagen Group, with its headquarters in Wolfsburg, is one of the world’s leading automobile manufacturers and the largest carmaker in Europe.
In difficult market conditions, the number of Group vehicles delivered to customers rose to 10.8 million in 2018 (2017: 10.7 million). The global car market share rose slightly to 12.3 percent. Group sales revenue in 2018 totaled € 236 billion (2017: € 230 billion), while earnings after tax amounted to € 12.2 billion (2017: € 11.5 billion).
The Group comprises twelve brands from seven European countries: Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN. Each brand has its own character and operates as an independent entity on the market. The product spectrum ranges from motorcycles to small cars and luxury vehicles.
The Commercial Vehicles Business Area primarily comprises the development, production and sale of light commercial vehicles, trucks and buses from the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN brands, the corresponding genuine parts business and services. The collaboration between the MAN and Scania commercial vehicle brands is coordinated within the TRATON GROUP. The commercial vehicles portfolio ranges from pickups to heavy trucks and buses. The Power Engineering Business Area combines the largebore diesel engines, turbomachinery, special gear units, propulsion components and testing systems businesses.
In addition, the Volkswagen Group offers a wide range of financial services, including dealer and customer financing, leasing, banking and insurance activities, and fleet management.
- October 2016 – January 2019: Bereichsleiterin Konzeptplanung Konzernproduktion (Head of Concept Planning Group Production), Volkswagen AG, Germany
- October 2010 - September 2016: Leiter Vorserienlogistik und Technisches Änderungsmanagement
- Volkswagen Nutzfahrzeuge (Head of Pre-series Logistics and Technical Change Management (Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles)
- July 2009 - September 2010: Leiterin Logistikplanung und Supplier Park (Head of Logistics Planning and Supplier Park), VW AG US-Projekt Chattanooga
- July 2007 - June 2009: Leiterin Logistik (Head of Logistics), VW AG Glaeserne Manufaktur Dresden
- July 2004 - June 2007: Leiterin Logistikplanung (Head of Logistics Planning) Shanghai VW
- March 1999 - June 2004: Planung, Assistenz der GF (Planning, management assistance), CKD Organisation VW AG
- November 1996 - February 1999: Logistikplaner (logistics planner), VW de Mexico
- 2000: PhD in Production science (Dr. rer. pol.)
- 1996: Master in Economics and Business Administration, University of Paderborn/Germany
- 1993/4: Economics at Universidad de Sevilla, Spain