CIO TUI Central Region, CIO TUI Destination Services
Revenue17,2 bn € (TUI Group)
Employees67k (TUI Group)
TUI Group is the world’s number one tourism business. From now on, the broad portfolio gathered under the Group umbrella will consist of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five touristic airlines with around 150 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 214,000 beds, 14 cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. This integrated offering will enable us to provide our 20 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
TUI Central Region includes the TUI businesses in Germany (TUI Deutschland GmbH), Austria, Switzerland and Poland.
TUI InfoTec is a wholly owned subsidiary of TUI AG. The company, which is based in Hanover, Germany, has 400 employees. TUI InfoTec is the IT service provider for all TUI Regions and Group activities.
Heinz Kreuzer was born in 1954. He studied mathematics, physics and information technology in Bonn. In 1981 he obtained his master degree in mathematics. After working in different IT management roles for Kodak AG, Württembergische Versicherungs AG, Dun & Bradstreet Schimmelpfeng GmbH and Helvetia Versicherungen, Heinz joined TUI in 1995 as Director Information Systems. Two years later in addition to this role Heinz was appointed Managing Director of TUI InfoTec. As Chief Information Officer (CIO) he took over the IT strategy department between 2001 and 2007 of the world´s leading holiday company TUI AG while he remained Chief Executive of TUI InfoTec. Today Heinz is a member of the board of TUI Central Region. In his role as CIO of TUI Central Region he is responsible for all Process and IT functions in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland. Furthermore, he is also responsible for Infrastructure Management and Service Delivery, Corporate Systems and the IT functions in all TUI Destinations.
- November 1997 – present: CEO of TUI InfoTec GmbH
- September 2015 - present: CIO TUI Central Region and CIO TUI Destination Services
- 1975 – 1981: University of Bonn, mathematics, physics and information technology, Master degree in mathematics
- "Digitalisierung bei TUI. Auf der Reise zum Kunden”, CIO Magazin, 09/10 2016
- TUI Group Wins a TIBCO Trailblazer Transformer Award
- Heinz Kreuzer wird CIO von TUI Deutschland
- CIO des Jahres 2008 – Preisträger Großunternehmen
- CIO of the Year 2008
- TIBCO Trailblazer Transformer Award 2016