Joaquin Reyes Vallejo
Cepsa (Compañía Española de Petróleos, S.A.U.) is an integrated energy company operating at every stage of the oil value chain, with more than 10,000 employees.
It is engaged in petroleum and natural gas exploration and production activities; refining, the transport and sale of crude oil derivatives; petrochemicals, gas and electricity.
Cepsa is Spain's fourth largest industrial group in terms of turnover, and has been in the market for more than 80 years. Thanks to its flexibility and ability to adapt, Cepsa has become a benchmark company in its sector in Spain. Through progressive internationalisation of its activities, it also has business interests in Algeria, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Panama, Peru and Portugal and sells its products all over the world.
Joaquin started his professional career in the field of engineering at Empresarios Agrupados and Gibss&Hill working as a safety engineer of nuclear power plants followed with a position in the Operations Research Department of CEPSA.
Facing the deregulation of the market in Spain in 1992 he took the responsibility of IT manager of the new service station network to build its IT strategy and implement the solutions required to support the new retail activities.
Soon after taking the responsibility of Corporate IT Planning, in 2003 he was appointed CIO of the CEPSA Group in 2003.
In this position he has been actively working on the implementation of an IT strategy that is fully aligned with the Group's strategic business objectives: achieve maximum efficiency through shared services centres, and implement common business processes, in order to support international growth and gain a competitive advantage.
Joaquin is a member of the Advisory Board of CIONET and vice president of AUTELSI (user association) of Spain.
- February 2003 – present: CIO of CEPSA
- June 1991 – February 2003: IT Director at Cepsa Estaciones de Servicio
- September 1985 – June 1991: Operations Research Manager at Cepsa
- May 1977 – September 1985: Operations Research Analyst at Cepsa
- February 1976 – April 1977: Nuclear Safety Engineer at Empresarios Agrupados
- Instituto de Estudios Nucleares: Master in Nuclear Engineering
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid: Degree en Economy
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid: Degree in Computing
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid: Degree in Physics