ISS World Services AS
CIDO and Member of the Executive Group Management
Markus Sontheimer was born in Friedrichshafen in 1968. After graduating with a degree in industrial engineering (FH) from Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, he held various management IT roles in Germany and abroad.
In early 2021, he was appointed Chief Information and Digital Officer (CIDO) of the Copenhagen-based service provider ISS World Services AS - a position that had been newly created as part of the Executive Group Management Team around CEO Jacob Aarup-Andersen. It is part of the "OneISS" strategy that aims to better position the company for global business in line with a new operating model.
At the 10th CIOmove in Portugal, Sontheimer wants to talk about lessons learnt when launching a SAAS product for the first time as a CIO and what are the participants views on cybersecurity risks and measures for the coming months.
- Jun 2021 - present: CIDO and Member of the Executive Group Management, ISS World Services AS, Denmark
- 2015 - 2021: CIO/CDO and Member of the Board of Management, DB Schenker, Germany
- 2012 - 2015: CIO Group Finance GT, Deutsche Bank, Germany
- 2010 - 2015: Managing Director, Group Finance Change Management, Deutsche Bank, UK
- 2006 - 2010: CIO Financial Services and Global Mercedes-Benz Sales, Daimler
- 2003 - 2005: CIO Daimler Financial Services Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific, Daimler
- 1991 - 1994: Industrial engineer diploma, Technical University Esslingen, Germany
- CIO of the year in 'Transformation of Work' 2020