Chief Information Officer
Martin Peuker has been since 2017 CIO of Charité (Universitaetsmedizin Berlin), one of Europe's largest university hospitals, affiliated with Humboldt University and Free University Berlin.
After completing his studies, Peuker spent the formative years of his career as a senior manager with Siemens AG and Mummert Consulting AG. From the beginning, his focus has been IT development in the healthcare sector.
In 2006, after several years as a consultant, he moved to Charité Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, heading their IT division as Deputy CIO. He oversaw all operational IT processes for administration, research and teaching as well as the development of a holistic sustainability strategy.
As CIO of Charité, Peuker's priorities are the continuous further development and improvement of IT structures in healthcare, both at Charité and at BIH (Berlin Institute of Health). Further priorities also include the promotion of research and teaching, as well as health technology, which are of crucial importance to him.
In addition to his duties as CIO, Peuker takes on responsibility as a project manager and site spokesman representing Berlin in the HiGHmed consortium and is member of the IT committee of the Association of University Clinics (Verband der Universitätsklinika e.V.).
- Apr 2017 - present: CIO, Charité
- Mar 2016 - present: IT Director, Berlin Institute of Health
- 2007 - Mar 2016: Deputy CIO, Charité
- Apr 2006 - May 2007: Head of Business Intelligence, Charité
- Apr 2005 - Mar 2006: Solution Manager Healthcare, Siemens
- Sep 2001 - Mar 2005: Senior Healthcare Consultant, Steria Mummert Consulting
- 1997 – 2001: Diploma in industrial engineering and management, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Podcast-Folge 30 - Wie können wir medizinische Daten besser nutzen? Berlin Institute of Health @ Charité
- CIO of the Year 2020, CIO magazine Germany
- CIO of the Year 2020 in Public Sector Germany