Almirall is a pharmaceutical company committed to providing valuable medicines to patients worldwide.
- 2013 – present: CIO of Almirall, S.A (About 60 Staff Members and 120 external)
- Global responsibility for IT of Almirall, S.A.
- Major achievements: Harmonizing SAP Systems to one (Common Systems); Implementation of unique CRM (Chrome); New HR System, based on SAP /Success factors; Change of Mobile and Telecom-Providers; Mobile devices and MDM implemented; Personalized Workplace Project (harmonization of client workplace); Global IT Cost situation made transparent, cost reduction by 10 %, increasing Customer satisfaction; Revision of existing Outsourcing Contracts; Continuous Improvement and Innovation Processes defined and implemented
- 2008 – 2013: CIO of Bayer Healthcare AG
- 2003 – 2008: Head of Marketing & Sales of Bayer Business Services and Head IT Latin America
- 2002 – 2003: Head of Customer & Application Services of Bayer AG
- 1997 – 2002: Head of IT of Bayer Iberia
- 1997 - 1997: Head of SAP - Competence Center, Bayer AG Leverkusen
- 1995 - 1996: Bayer AG LEV, ZB Marketing-Services - Head of Staff
- 1991 - 1995: Head of Division Informatics and Organisation, Logistics, Bayer de Mexico (BdM), Mexico City
- 1987 – 1991: Bayer AG Leverkusen, AV Informatik
- 1985 – 1987: University Assistant, Institute for Material Science, TU Braunschweig
- 1981 – 1987: Study of Physics, TU Braunschweig, Diploma as Physical Engineer
Private Interests and Hobbies of Matthias
- Music (Bass Guitar Playing, Song Writing, Music Marketing and Production)
- Reading (Thriller, Modern Literature and Economics)
- CIO of the year 2011, 2nd position "Grosskonzerne"
- IT strategy Award Handelsblatt 2013