|Patrick Naef is non-executive director on the board of Franke Group, a USD 2bn globally acting manufacturing company headquartered in Switzerland and Managing Partner at Boyden Executive Search.
He is also founder and CEO of ITvisor GmbH, a boutique consulting firm specialized on advising organizations in their digitalization journey and on coaching of IT executives and is Senior Advisor to McKinsey & Company.
He is a member of the board of directors of several start-ups, lectures at various universities and sits on advisory boards of technology companies and venture capital firms.
From 2006 to June 2018, Patrick was CIO at Emirates Airline & Group in Dubai and, at the same time, non-executive director on the board of SITA, a global telecommunications and IT company focused on the airline industry. Patrick Naef was also CEO of mercator, a subsidiary of Emirates Group, from 2006 to 2014.
Other professional positions include CIO at SIG and Swissair as well as senior positions at Zurich Insurance, HP and Bank Julius Baer. In the late 1990s he was founding member and CTO of a start-up, the first European on-line travel agency.
In 2011 the German "CIO Magazin" and IDG honored him with the prestigious "CIO of the decade" award.
Patrick Naef holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, Switzerland, and an Executive MBA from the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland.
Franke Holding AG is one of the world's leading producers of kitchen and related systems and equipment,. Franke products span the range of customer sectors, including the household and semi-professional market, and the profes sional restaurant, catering, and hospitality sectors. Among other cus tomers, the company is a leading supplier of kitchen and other system s for McDonald's restaurants worldwide. Franke's operations are grouped around three core divisions: Kitchen Systems, including the group' s historical production of sinks, as well as water tap and waste trea tment systems, food preparation surfaces and work tops; and Franke Coffee Systems, grouped around subsidiary Franke Kaffeemaschinen AG, which develops and manufactures coffee machines for the professional and semi-professional markets. Based in Aarbur g, Switzerland, Franke has expanded to include more than 85 companies throughout Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Africa.
October 2018 - present: Non-executive Director on the Board at Franke Group, Switzerland
- January 2021 - present: Chairman of the Board of Directors, UpGreat AG
- June 2019 – present: Managing Partner at Boyden Switzerland
- January 2020 – present: Mentor at the Center for Technology Management, Columbia University in the City of New York
- July 2019 – present: Senior Advisor to McKinsey & Company
- July 2018 - present: CEO and founder of ITvisor, Switzerland
- January 2019 - present: Partner of ACENT AG
- July 2018 - present: Member of the Board of Advisors at FlyNava Technologies
- 2017 - present: Member of CXO Advisory Board at Sapphire Ventures
- 2016 - present: Member of CIO Advisory Board at Mayfiled
- January 2018 - January 2019: Member Board of Directors at SITA
- February 2006 - June 2018: DSVP IT and CIO of Emirates Group
- June 2014 - August 2016: Member Board of Directors of Mercator Solutions
- 2010 - 2014: Chairman of the Board of Mercator Asia
- July 2004 - January 2006: Head ISP Projects at Zurich Insurance Company
- 2002 - 2004: CIO of SIG Holding
- 1998 - 2002: CIO of Swissair Transport
- 2000 - 2001: CTO of Beyoo
- 1994 - 1998: Senior Consultant at Hewlett Packard
2017: Board Effectiveness Programme at IMD Business School, Switzerland
- 2004: Executive Programme at Stanford University Graduate School of Business
- 1999 – 2000: Executive MBA in Business Engineering at University of St.Gallen
- 1984 – 1989: Master of Science in Computer Science at ETH Zurich