Non-executive Director on the Board
Patrick Naef is non-executive director on the board of Franke Group, a USD 2bn globally acting manufacturing company headquartered in Switzerland.
He is also founder and CEO of ITvisor GmbH, a boutique consulting firm specialized on advising organizations in their digitalization journey and on coaching of IT executives.
From 2006 to June 2018, he was CIO at Emirates Airline & Group in Dubai and, at the same time, a non-executive director on the board of SITA, a global telecommunications and IT company owned by airlines. Patrick Naef was also CEO of mercator, a subsidiary of Emirates Group, from 2006 to 2014.
Other professional positions include CIO at SIG and Swissair as well as senior positions at Zurich Insurance, HP and Bank Julius Baer. Patrick Naef also sits on boards of start-ups and on advisory boards of technology companies and venture capitalist firms in Silicon Valley.
Patrick Naef holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, Switzerland, and an Executive MBA from the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- October 2018 - present: Non-executive Director on the Board at Franke Group, Switzerland
- July 2018 - present: CEO and founder of ITvisor, Switzerland
- January 2019 - present: Partner of ACENT
- July 2018 - present: Member of the Board of Advisors at FlyNava Technologies
- 2011 - present: Member of CXO Advisory Board at Sierra Ventures
- 2017 - present: Member of CXO Advisory Board at Sapphire Ventures
- 2016 - present: Member of CIO Advisory Board at Mayfiled
- 2014 - present: Memver of Capgemini International Executive Council
- January 2018 - January 2019: Member Board of Directors at SITA
- February 2006 - June 2018: DSVP IT and CIO of Emirates Group
- June 2014 - August 2016: Member Board of Directors of Mercator Solutions
- 2010 - 2014: Chairman of the Board of Mercator Asia
- July 2004 - January 2006: Head ISP Projects at Zurich Insurance Company
- 2002 - 2004: CIO of SIG Holding
- 1998 - 2002: CIO of Swissair Transport
- 2000 - 2001: CTO of Beyoo
- 1994 - 1998: Senior Consultant at Hewlett Packard
- 2017: Board Effectiveness Programme at IMD Business School, Switzerland
- 2004: Executive Program at Stanford University Graduate School of Business
- 1999 – 2000: Executive MBA in Business Engineering at University of St.Gallen
- 1984 – 1989: Master of Science in Computer Sciebce at ETH Zurich
- Emirates-CIO Naef kehrt zurück in die Schweiz
- CIO des Jahres 2009, 2. Platz
- Global Exchange Award: Die Sieger 2011
- Mein Tipp: Plant eure Karriere nicht und bleibt offen für Neues
- Global Exchange Award 2011