Casablanca Stock Exchange
Balance Sheet Total50bn €
Mohamed Saad is a Digital & IT Evangelist since 1991; Project manager at Wafa Systèmes: Wafa Bank group's IT services company in the early 90s, he worked on the Wafa Assurance IT reshapement, then WafaBank stock market in the mid 90's. After a brief passage by Société Générale, he landed as a CIO at SEVAM (an industrial manufactory specialized in glass packaging). After eight years spent at SEVAM where he had to conduct two major IT redesigns, he returned to the banking world as the head of the IT Department of Arab Bank, a subsidiary of one of the largest Arab financial structures, where he led The reorganization and implementation of the group's IT policies and procedures led to the Group being ranked one of the Group's top IT departments in 2008. Currently, he is an EVP in charge of the Resources Division at the Casablanca Stock Exchange, which includes IT, HR, Procurement, Finances & treasury, he is still acting as a CIO.
Mohamed is graduated from INSEA (IT Engineer); He also holds the Executive MBA from ISCAE, CISA (ISACA), PMP (PMI), ITIL (EXIN), ISO 27.001 Lead Auditor and CRISC (ISACA) certifications
Mohamed leads several IT seminars; he is associated with the University of Quebec at CHICOUTIMI (UQAC), the University of Quebec at Trois Rivières (UQTR), the International University of Rabat (UIR) ... He is the author of several articles in the local and foreign press on the governance of IT, CIOs challenges, the ROI of IT projects ...; he has been associated with the Maroco-Corréen group of reflection on the introduction of IT in Moroccan education (Ministry of National Education).
Mohamed is the President of the Moroccan IT users Association since 2015.
He is married and has two children.
The Casablanca Stock Exchange in Morocco was established in 1929. It is the third largest and most active exchange in Africa and has currently 17 members. The Casablanca Stock Exchange is under the supervision of both the Moroccan Ministry of Finance and the Securities Authority -CDVM. The objectives of the Casablanca Stock Exchange are to:
· Assist in the country’s economic development
· Meet the needs of market operators (Investors, Issuers and operators)
· Develop the stock market
· Be ranked amongst the leading stock markets in Africa
- March 2019 – present: Resources Division Director of Casablanca Stock Exchange
- July 2009 – present: CIO of Casablanca Stock Exchange, Morocco
- November 2015 – present: President of AUSIM (Association des Utilisateurs des Systèmes d'Information au Maroc)
- January 2007 – May 2009: CIO of Arab Bank
- July 1998 – December 2006: CIO of SEVAM
- September 1996 – June 1998: Senior Project Manager at Societe Generale
- April 1992 – July 1996: Project Manager at WAFA Systems
- 2015: Data Center Infrastructure Specialist at International Data Center Authority, Engineer’s Degree
- 2015: Data Center Process engineering at International Data Center Authority, Engineer’s Degree
- 2010: IT Risk at ISACA, CRISC Certification
- 2009: ISO 27 001 - BS 25 999 at British Standard Institute
- 2008: Project Management at PMI, PMP Certification
- 2005: ITIL Certidication at ITIL (Quint Group, Netherland)
- 2004: IT Audit at ISACA (Paris Chapter, Chicago US), CISA
- 1997 – 1999: Management at ISCAE, MBA
- 1987 – 1991: Ingenieur Analyste at INSEA, Bachelor