Philipp has 20 years of experience in project and IT management and 13 years as CIO. He joined mainova, a leading utiliites company in Germany, based in Frankfurt, in 2013 and first focussed on the restructuring of IT. Major benefits were a new demand and project portfolio management. During these years the relationship between business and IT has become a partnership. He also changed and optimized the whole IT architecture along the value chain and developed a platform strategy which is now being implemented. Currently, several agile projects are changing the IT organization and leading to mixed teams.
Since 2019, Philipp is CIO of TEAG Thüringer Energie - the leading energy services company in the Free State of Thuringia. The municipal company supplies around 500,000 customers with electricity, natural gas and district heating every day and offers a wide range of energy-related services.
Our subsidiaries TEN Thüringer Energienetze GmbH & Co. KG and Thüringer Netkom GmbH operate an electricity and natural gas network some 40,000 kilometers long and a fiber optic network approximately 5,000 kilometers long. In addition, TEAG is an important electricity producer in the Free State of Thuringia with its combined heat and power (CHP) plants and decentralized generation facilities based on renewable energies. This makes TEAG Thüringer Energie AG and its subsidiaries one of the most important infrastructure service providers in Thuringia: With more than 1,700 employees, TEAG Thüringer Energie AG has the key expertise needed to shape the state's energy future.
- 2019 - present: CIO of TEAG, Germany
- 2013 – 2019: CIO of Mainova AG (Utilities)
- 2005 – 2012: CIO of swb AG (Utilites)
- 2001 – 2004: Managing Consultant of Horvath & Partners Management Consultants
- 1996 – 2001: Head of Management Programs at ESMT - European School of Management and Technology (USW Schloss Gracht
- 1990 – 1995: Studies of Business Administration at University of Witten/Herdecke