Starting as a consultant in utilities I turned to IT after realizing that it had become the most promising und dynamic force within the industry. Besides, utilities is strongly influenced by politics, climate change, innovation and – last, but not least – IT. Almost every product, process and project demand within TEAG demand IT support, many times in a leading role.
In 2021 it is my priority to prepare TEAG for a roadmap of continuous change and implementation of new business platforms in the upcoming years. S/4, new billing solutions like powercloud, new digital sales approach, cybersecurity and further integration of IT/OT are on my agenda this year.
Since 2019, Philipp is CIO of TEAG Thüringer Energie - a leading energy services company in the Middle of Germany. TEAG provides more than 450,000 customers with electricity, natural gas and district heating every day and offers a wide range of energy-specific services. Our subsidiaries TEN Thüringer Energienetze GmbH & Co. KG and Thüringer Netkom GmbH operate an electricity and natural gas network of around 40,000 kilometers and a fiber-optic network of over 6,000 kilometers. In addition, TEAG is an important electricity producer in the Free State with its combined heat and power (CHP) cogeneration plants and decentralized generation facilities based on renewable energies.
- 2019 - Present: CIO of TEAG, Germany (Utilities)
- 2013 – 2019: CIO of Mainova AG (Utilities)
- 2005 – 2012: CIO of swb AG (Utilites)
- 2001 – 2004: Managing Consultant of Horvath & Partners Management Consultants
- 1996 – 2001: Head of Management Programs at ESMT - European School of Management and Technology (USW Schloss Gracht)
- 1990 – 1995: Studies of Business Administration at University of Witten/Herdecke