Dr Christoph Baeck
Head of IT Infrastructure
Christoph is the Head of IT Infrastructure at Hilti. In 2019, the client and workspace area was integrated in his previous portfolio as Head of Enterprise Computing, a position he held from 2015 onwards. Today Christoph is responsible for approximately 30.000 clients, 1.200 Hilti locations and an SAP S/4HANA / SAP ByDesign based landscape used by two out of 3 Hilti employees every day. AWS is used as customer-facing cloud provider while MS Azure serves as datacenter extension.
From 2011 to 2015 Christoph built up Hilti Asia IT Services, the Kuala Lumpur based strategic IT location for Global IT in Hilti and tripled the workforce by establishing relationships with various local and intenational universities.
Previous to this role, he led as project manager and team lead the implementation of “Global Contact Center”, the standardized IT and process solution for Hilti’s customer service departments in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Before joining Hilti in 2007, Christoph gained first experience in SAP CRM at Swarovski, supporting various project implementations in Europe and Asia.
Christoph hold a Master’s and Doctorate degree in Law from his Alma Mater in Innsbruck and was a research assistant for three years at the department for European and International Law.
Hilti was founded in 1941 and evolved from a small family company to the trusted global business we are today. Hilti is the leading supplier for the professional construction industry.
Our aim is to build a better future. By this we mean helping our customers to build faster, safer and with more daring, while all the time being mindful of the legacy we leave behind. We want to be proud of the mark we make on the world.
To ensure the integrity of our products, we run our own production plants and cutting-edge research and development centers right across the world. The group headquarters is in Schaan in the Principality of Liechtenstein, where Martin Hilti established the company more than 75 years ago.
Hilti makes construction sites work simpler, faster, and safer.
- January 2019 – present: Head of IT Infrastructure of Hilti Group, Liechtenstein
- July 2015 – December 2018: Head of Enterprise Computing at Hilti Group
- May 2011 – June 2015: Managing Director, Head of IT Asia of Hilti Asia
- July 2009 – April 2011: Head of Voice & Network Applications at Hilti Group
- April 2007 – June 2009: SAP CRM Consultant + Project Manager at Hilti Group
- 2003 – March 2007: SAP CRM Consultant at Swarovski
- January 2000 – March 2003: Research Associate at Leopold-Franzens University of Innsbruck
- 2011 IMD (International Institute for Management Development) - Business Programs
- 2001 – 2002: International Law at St. Mary's School of Law
- 1994 – 2003: Law at Leopold-Franzens University of Innsbruck, Master and Juris Doctor