The Torres family surname has been linked with wine for more than three centuries, during which time our ancestors have worked vineyards in Penedès, a land with a millenial tradition of wine.
Generation after generation, the Torres family has transmitted the secret of making great wines and their love for the land. This tradition and their vision of the future, has turned Torres into a great exporting company, currently reaching more than 140 countries.
After fifteen years in the consulting field, mainly in the area of IT, in companies such as Price Waterhouse, CSC and KPMG, and after a brief stop in the software industry, as account manager for MicroStrategy, he joined Miguel Torres in 2005 as CIO, a position he currently holds.
Ever since its origins in 1870, Bodegas Torres has combined tradition and innovation to become a benchmark company in the quality wine and brandies sector.
Jordi holds a degree in Computer Science from the Universidad Politécnica de Catalunya, and he completed his masters training and management development programs at IESE and EAE. He has collaborated with the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya as a consultant in Computer and Multimedia studies, and he is a member of the Council of CIOs of Catalonia, the Board of the Alumni Association of the Faculty of Informatics in Barcelona and the Board of Ausape (SAP users association).
- January 2005 – present: CIO of Miguel Torres, S.A.
- September 2004 – December 2004: Director at MicroStrategy
- September 2001 – June 2004: Director at KPMG Consulting
- September 1995 – August 2001: Director at CSC Consulting
- October 1989 – June 1995: Manager at Price Waterhouse
- 1999 – 2000: IESE Business School - University of Navarra, PDD
- 1993 – 1994: American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS), Certificate in Production and Inventory Management
- 1990 – 1991: EAE - Escuela de Administración de Empresas, MBA
- 1983 – 1988: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Computer Sciences
- 1978 – 1982: Real Monasterio de Santa Isabel, BUP-COU