Peter Thomas Sany
President and CEO
TM Forum is a non-profit global industry association which helps its members transform and succeed in the digital economy.
Peter Thomas Sany studied computer science and computer mapping at the University of Zurich and the ETH Zurich before he started his professional career in information technology. He first held different positions for IBM before he became General Manager. During his work for IBM he advanced his education with an internal Executive MBA. From 1997 to 2003 he was the CIO of the Novartis Group as well as member of the management board and CIO for the pharmaceutical division.
Later Peter Thomas Sany managed the IT division for Deutsche Telekom. From 2002 to 2009 he was also a member of the Board of Directors for the Swiss Post. In 2009 Thomas Sany founded itcps Management Consulting AG and served as its owner and CEO until 2012.
In June 2013 he became Chief Information Technology Officer and Member of the Board for Swiss Life Switzerland. And from March 2015 on he is the President and CEO of TMForum.
Career Summary of Peter Thomas Sany
- 03/2015 – Present: President and CEO of TMForum
- 2013 - 2015: CIO and Member of the Board Swiss Life
- 2010 - 2013: Member of the Board of Directors tm-forum
- 2009 - 2013: Owner, Chariman and CEO it cps Management Consulting AG
- 2009: CTO of UBS
- 2005 - 2009: Group CIO of Deutsche Telekom
- 2004 - 2005: Deputy CEO/ CTO of Avalog Evolution AG
- 1997 - 2004: Corporate CIO of Novartis
- 1984 - 1997: General Manager of IBM
1979 - 1984: Master of Computer Cartography and Computer Science at University of Zurich
- Best CIO/IT Executive of the Year 2003 in Europe (CW/CIO)
- TM Forum Excellence Awards