Daiichi Sankyo Europe
Daiichi Sankyo Europe was founded in 2006 through the merger of the well-established Japanese companies Daiichi and Sankyo in Europe. Daiichi Sankyo is a global pharmaceutical company based in Japan that has a presence in more than 20 countries around the world. With a rich legacy of over 100 years of scientific expertise, we are the pioneer behind leading pharmaceuticals that have contributed to the improvement of countless lives. Our global headquarters is in Tokyo. In Europe, we have affiliates in 13 countries with about 1,500 employees. Our European headquarters is in Munich, Germany, and not far from there, one of our global production plants is located in Pfaffenhofen.
Daiichi Sankyo Europe GmbH is a wholly owned affiliate of Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd., headquartered in Tokyo. It is a limited liability company under German corporate law. Our company's Managing Directors are Jan Van Ruymbeke (Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer) and Martin Hesse (Chief Financial Officer). They are advised in their decisions by a European Management Committee. In addition to the two Managing Directors, other members of this committee are the heads of various European central functions and General Managers of our European national affiliates.
Our national European organisations are affiliates of Daiichi Sankyo Europe GmbH and have their offices in the individual countries. The Supervisory Board of Daiichi Sankyo Europe GmbH has three members: Chairman Shoji Hirashima, Elke Benning-Rohnke and Tanja Roser.
- April 2017 – present: CIO and Vice President Information Technology of Daiichi Sankyo Europe, Germany
- October 2014 – March 2017: Head of IT Strategy & Service Delivery of Sky Deutschland Fernsehen
- May 2010 – September 2014: Director IT Operations & Service Management of Sky Deutschland Fernsehen
- January 2010 – April 2010: Interimsmanager at Media Saturn IT Services
- September 2008 – December 2009: Director Operations of bluuMAXX
- 2000 – 2008: Manager in the IT department at o2 (Germany)
- 1989 – 2000: IT Consultant at debis Systemhaus GEI
- Business Administration at RWTH Aachen University, business graduate