Holtzbrinck Publishing Group
VP IT, Technology & Sourcing
Harald Greiner has been Vice President of IT, Technology & Sourcing at Holtzbrinck Publishing Group since 2015. Prior to that, he was responsible for the redesigned global shared service organization GTS as Deputy CIO Group Technology Services.
After studying business administration in Stuttgart, he worked for 7 years as a consultant in the publishing sector. During his two-year tenure as a member of the executive board for the portal service provider UP2GATE, a Siemens company, he gained extensive experience in the Internet environment.
In 2003 he moved to Siemens Business Services in Munich, where he was responsible for business development in the media sector in Germany. From 2006, he was Director Business Development Media for the international media activities of Siemens IT Solutions and Services and Atos.
Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a decentralised family holding, is committed to providing first-class service to authors, researchers, academics, educators, librarians and readers across the globe. We are inspired by the privilege of enabling authors and readers in their endeavours to create great works and networks. With quality media and global reach, we strive to deliver both oversight and insight in a fast changing environment.
Bold in our ambitions and respectful in our approach, we combine powerful legacy with cutting edge technologies. The Holtzbrinck Family has had the privilege of uniting world-leading publishing houses across the globe. Within the Group, Nature (1869), Macmillan (1843), Springer (1842), and S. Fischer (1886) stand side by side with millennial start-ups like Overleaf, Dimensions, Achieve or Research Square as well as venture funds, which backed numerous start-ups such as Zalando or Flixbus.
Defined by a culture of expertise, collaboration and openness, we cherish and respect our heritage whilst constantly challenging ourselves to disrupt or enhance the best that our Group has to offer to deliver something even better.
It is the long-term view where we believe the benefit for all can be found.
- Feb 2013 – present: VP IT, Technology & Sourcing Holtzbrinck Publishing Group
- Jan 2012 - Jan 2013: Associated Partner Leupold Rutkowski Consulting GmbH
- Sep 2003 - Dez 2012: Director Business Development Media Siemens IT Solutions & Services and Atos International
- June 2000 - Aug 2003: Account Manager UP2GATE GmbH
- Oct 1993 - May 2000: Senior Consultant SIemens Business Services
- 1987 – 1992: Business Administration, University Stuttgart Master of Business Administration and Computer Science
- Co author of book “Praxis Guide fuer Digital Leader - Von erfolgreichen Profis lernen”, Hanser Verlag