Kuehne + Nagel
Martin Kolbe is the CIO of Swiss-based global transport and logistics company Kuehne+Nagel, a post he has held since 2005 and where he has developed the organisation into a leader in software engineering and data-driven logistics and supply chain management.
Kolbe has created a unique and highly differentiated intellectual property in the logistics industry by combining in-house software development capabilities with a deep understanding of logistics processes. He has also established a uniform global operating platform (SALOG) and built a unique infrastructure for processing and distributing trade data in order to offer digital solutions based on various real-time data, such as seaexplorer.
Kuehne+Nagel has around 40k IT clients and has set up IT centres in Hamburg, Tallinn and Porto.
Kolbe's headshot courtesy of Kuehne+Nagel.
- 2005 – present: CIO and Member of the Management Board at Kuehne+Nagel International AG
- 2002 – 2005: CIO of DHL Germany
- 2000 – 2002: Head of International Systems at Dresdner Bank AG
- 1996 – 2000: R&D Manager Germany at ADP ES Germany
- 1989 – 1996: Head of Professional Services at Software AG
Martin Kolbe graduated as a computer scientist.
Kuehne+Nagel, largest freight forwarder adopts blockchain Ledger Insights
Kolbe is continuously pushing the boundaries of vertical IT integration, both in the software development and infrastructure aspects. Some of his recent IT projects include:
- Upgraded customer and supplier master data maintenance programme.
- Increased use of multi-cloud technology.
- Further development of the system architecture.