Paul Brian Contino
|Paul Brian Contino was appointed in May 2022 as Chief Information Officer (CIO) for University Hospital in Newark, New Jersey USA. Paul is an accomplished IT leader with more than 25 years of executive management experience. His career has been dedicated to healthcare and life sciences and spans all aspects of technology, business, and clinical systems innovation.
Prior to coming to University Hospital, Paul served as the Vice President of Information Technology at the Guthrie Clinic in PA, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for New York City Health + Hospitals and VP of Information Technology at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Paul was also a biomedical research scientist for well over a decade before transitioning into technology.
Paul is a strategic but pragmatic visionary with a track record for successfully building organizational capabilities and cultivating strong teams. Paul is passionate about healthcare and the role that technology plays in driving transformational change for clinicians and patients.
With Paul’s leadership and experience, University Hospital will continue to advance and optimize the electronic health record system (Epic), modernize key infrastructure, systems and processes, enhance its cybersecurity posture, and develop a robust IT strategic plan for the future.
- Feb 2017 – present: Vice President, Enterprise Information Management & Analytics of Guthrie
- Aug 2016 – present: Board Member of Get Real Health
- Nov 2015 – present: Senior Advisory Consultant
- Feb 2016 – Nov 2016: Global CTO of IKS Health
- Apr 2011 – Oct 2015: CTO of NYC Health + Hospitals Corporation
- May 2011 – Nov 2011: CIO of NYC Health + Hospitals Corporation, Bellevue Hospital
- Jan 2008 – Jan 2011: Chair, Healthcare Council of Smart Card Alliance
- Jan 2007 – Jan 2011: Executive Director of MSETG Mount Sinai Educational Technology Group
- Jan 2003 – Jan 2011: Vice President, Information Technology of Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Jul 2000 – Oct 2003: Director of the Information Technology Development Center (ITDC) of Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Jan 1990 – Mar 2001: Founder, President and CEO of OMEGA GRAFX, Inc.
- Jul 1999 – Jul 2000: Director of Information Technology and WEB Development at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Getting to Meaningful Use and Beyond: How Smart Card Technology Can Support Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records
- Medical Identity Theft in Healthcare
- Healthcare Identity Management: The Foundation for a Secure and Trusted National Health Information Network