Paul Brian Contino
Guthrie Healthcare System
Vice President, Enterprise Information Management & Analytics
Paul is an accomplished IT leader with over 25 years of health care and life science experience. He has served in numerous senior executive roles over his career as well as a decade as a biomedical research scientist before transitioning into information technology.
Paul currently serves as the VP of Information Technology at Guthrie Health System where he is leading the new department of Enterprise Information Management & Analytics advancing the use of analytics and informatics in support of clinical care and population health initiatives.
He has previously served as the Global CTO for IKS Health, as well as Corporate CTO for New York City Heath + Hospitals and VP of IT at Mount Sinai Medical Center. In an effort to support the next wave of innovation in healthcare and medicine, Paul has coached and mentored numerous healthcare startups on product development and strategy,
Paul is a visionary thinker and a leader with an entrepreneurial spirit that drives transformational business strategy and innovation.
Guthrie located in north central Pennsylvania and south central New York, is a non-profit integrated health care delivery system that currently includes four hospitals, more than 295 physicians and 175 advanced practice providers, 34 regional provider offices in 22 communities, home health and home care services, and a research institute. Guthrie manages more than 1,000,000 patient visits a year.
- Feb 2017 – present: Vice President, Enterprise Information Management & Analytics of Guthrie
- Aug 2016 – present: Board Member of Get Real Health
- Nov 2015 – present: Senior Advisory Consultant
- Feb 2016 – Nov 2016: Global CTO of IKS Health
- Apr 2011 – Oct 2015: CTO of NYC Health + Hospitals Corporation
- May 2011 – Nov 2011: CIO of NYC Health + Hospitals Corporation, Bellevue Hospital
- Jan 2008 – Jan 2011: Chair, Healthcare Council of Smart Card Alliance
- Jan 2007 – Jan 2011: Executive Director of MSETG Mount Sinai Educational Technology Group
- Jan 2003 – Jan 2011: Vice President, Information Technology of Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Jul 2000 – Oct 2003: Director of the Information Technology Development Center (ITDC) of Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Jan 1990 – Mar 2001: Founder, President and CEO of OMEGA GRAFX, Inc.
- Jul 1999 – Jul 2000: Director of Information Technology and WEB Development at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- 2006: Columbia University in the City of New York, CIO Institute
- 1984 – 1988: City University of New York City College, BS, Biochemistry
- 1980 – 1984: Bronx High School of Science
- 2017: Healthcare Ambassador, Honored to serve as one of eleven healthcare ambassadors to Fujitsu providing insight and guidance on the healthcare industry and marketplace.
- 2013: Pilot Health Tech NYC – Judge, Pilot Health Tech NYC provides a total of $1,000,000 in funding to 10 or more innovative pilot projects to take place in New York City. The program seeks to match early-stage health or healthcare technology companies with key NYC healthcare service organizations and stakeholders, including hospitals, physician clinics, payors, pharma companies, nursing associations, major employers and retailers.
- 2013, 2014, 2015: The New York Digital Health Accelerator Program – Judge and Mentor, a program run by the New York eHealth Collaborative and the Partnership Fund of New York City for early- and growth-stage digital health companies that are developing cutting edge technology products in care coordination, patient engagement and workflow improvement.